Normal Topic My new used boat (Read 2577 times)
scout637
Forum Member

My new used boat
06/01/14 at 05:45:43
Quote Print Post  

Hello, most of you probably don't remember me. I joined about 2 years ago but I got too busy when I decided to go back to school and finish my BS in EE. I'm just about done now and I'm looking forward to doing more fishing. I picked up this boat last fall and had to repair damage to the keel, a rotten spot in the deck and had to raise the bunks a bit. The motor runs great and after running out of fuel twice Grin I have repaired the fuel gauge as well as the speedometer. I never pictured my first bass boat to be purple and black but it actually looks pretty good on the water. Looking forward to getting out there more this year.

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Re: My new used boat
Reply #1 - 06/02/14 at 00:52:18
Quote Print Post  
Smiley  Welcome back. That's a sharp looking boat. Looking forward to seeing it up close. See ya at the Riffe Lake tournament,  or a Fish-In soon?

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

scout637
Forum Member

Reply #2 - 06/05/14 at 06:22:07
Quote Print Post  
Thanks. Apparently the previous owner kept it in a garage which kept it looking nice but he didn't see the need for a keel guard. It had a pretty bad rub through that I had to repair. While I was working on the keel I also popped the front floor panel up, replaced a small section of dry rot and resealed the wood. I've got everything working now except I noticed the front live well is very slow filling up. I will have to look in to that when I get a chance

IP Logged

5dinks
WBC Board Member

2nd place is 1st LOSER!

Reply #3 - 06/05/14 at 13:03:42
Quote Print Post  
Hey scout.  Pretty sharp.  As far as the live well being slow to fill:  before buying a new pump, etc try filling it up about half way with a garden hose, take a good strong shop vac and suck the water out at the drain fitting at the back of the boat.  If you add a little  SUPER CLEAN (purple cleaner found nearly anywhere) to the water before sucking I'd bet you $10 it will work as good as new..  Just rinse a bunch after so you don't end up with a bunch of dead fish the first time you use it after cleaning.....

Sponsors:    One of the 5 original members of Team Ass Pocket, New truck, 2nd hand Triton boat (Thanks Willie at NIXONS MARINE), used truck camper with used F150 (everything is paid for), misc rods and reels, endorsed by MY WIFE and sponsored by a 9-5 job.

IP Logged

Darren Thomas
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Common sense isn't so
common anymore.

Reply #4 - 06/05/14 at 15:44:21
Quote Print Post  
That is indeed a pretty boat. I looked at it in person (pretty sure that is the same boat) and it was one of the boats I was considering when I bought mine. The hull damage is what scared me off but that was before I knew how to fix it. Had I known it was fairly easy I might be the owner Smiley I actually love the purple but wondered if I was crazy. The motor on that boat is immaculate as well. You did well, looking forward to meeting you.

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #5 - 06/05/14 at 21:27:23
Quote Print Post  
Nice boat!  Congrats!

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

scout637
Forum Member

Reply #6 - 06/18/14 at 05:00:41
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for the live well tip. I'll give it a try. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone soon.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo