Normal Topic Fished Lake Washington Newport Channel on Sat (Read 1909 times)
Darren Thomas
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Common sense isn't so
common anymore.

Fished Lake Washington Newport Channel on Sat
05/19/14 at 16:49:29
Quote Print Post  
Didn't do half bad! Caught one just shy of 4 pounds, another a bit over 2.5 pounds and my friend caught his first bass on a 6' light weight trout rod that weighed in at 2.5 pounds even. That was fun for him... took a while to land it.

I keep hearing that the people who own property in the channel are always abrasive and not fond of bass fishermen. Well, I had the opposite reaction when I was there. One guy talked our ear off from the back of his yacht, invited us in to use the bathroom. Another guy had us over for beers and turned out to be the owner of SportCo. A third guy pointed us to a few areas he knew to be good. Had a great time.

5-17-2014.jpg ( 124 KB | 222 Downloads )
5-17-2014.jpg
IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Re: Fished Lake Washington Newport Channel on Sat
Reply #1 - 05/19/14 at 19:47:00
Quote Print Post  
Smiley I am happy for you, by the sound of the reception you had shows you treated the home owners respect and courtesy making yourself a great ambassador for the sport.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

kwikstrom24
Ex Member

Re: Fished Lake Washington Newport Channel on Sat
Reply #2 - 05/20/14 at 03:08:33
Quote Print Post  
I live in the canals, so I fish them almost daily and although most neighbors are nice, there are a few that will always have a problem with fisherman. Even me as a neighbor... Great fish though! Looks like you had a lot of fun. Canals have been producing solid numbers this year.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo