Normal Topic Spring Roadtrip Anyone??? (Read 1041 times)
Larry S.
Board Moderator

Spring Roadtrip Anyone???
01/23/14 at 19:11:42
Quote Print Post  
I know costs are a big factor when talking fishing but..... Some of you have heard that I have taken the Bass Resource Roadtrip and in a nutshell what we have here is... a bunch of people from the Bass Resource Website (Glenn and Keri May's Site) get together for a week of fishing, dinners and sharing techniques in a chosen fishery down south where the weather is warmer.... fish are plentiful and you get the chance to bed fish and catch your first 100 fish before everyone else has gotten their first 10!!
Sounds simple but does take some planning.... Wilson Lake is the destination this year on the Tennessee river near Muscle Shoals Alabama. A renowned Fishery filled with Smallmouth, Largemouth, Spotted Bass and even Stripers!!
Ever want to throw the Alabama Rig? and actually get multiple hookups on one rig!! This is the place!!
I have flown down twice and via Priceline.com have reduced my costs by 200 bucks each trip..... this year I got airfare for $400 shared cabin with other attendees for $200 (6days) rental car for $130 and helping my boaters with fuel costs.... This is the same cost as my Banks lake Jamborree trip for 9 days and getting wind, rain for half the trip and catching a lot of dinky fish!!! Yes... boaters will be assigned and you guys work out what type of fishing you want to do and I can tell you... Drop shotting kicked butt last year at Pickwick Lake.... here is the video Glenn put together....
http://www.bassresource.com/bass-fishing-videos/pickwick-lake-2013.html
This trip has made my Spring transition better each year as we all know fish catches make you better and each trip I caught over 100 fish each time and the first year I had only caught 1 fish in Wa. prior to that trip and the weather kept me from catching 200 as we had storms and wind.
So if you are wanting to just see more go to www.bassresource.com and sign up by creating a profile and get to seeing the info and talking to those like you, who love to fish.
Send me a message if you want more info also.

PICKWICK_055_-_Copy.JPG ( 84 KB | 126 Downloads )
PICKWICK_055_-_Copy.JPG

IP Logged

Glenn_May
WBC Member

Re: Spring Roadtrip Anyone???
Reply #1 - 02/16/14 at 01:55:26
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for posting this Larry.  Yes, it really is a blast.  Think of it as a fish-in on steroids.  In fact, fish-ins are what gave me the idea to make it a national event.

As Larry stated, the fishing is fantastic.  Last year, Keri and I averaged 30 fish-per-day...for five days of fishing!  Some of those fish were over 5lbs!  In fact, my PB (over 9lbs) was caught during a RoadTrip.

Aside from the fishing, we have top-notch speakers giving seminars each night.  Past presenters include Chris Lane, Charlie Ingram, and RageTail inventor "Big O".  This year's speakers should be even better!

As Larry noted, the cost really isn't any more than a week-long trip to the eastside.  This year we're on Wilson, which is just one lock up from Pickwick on the Tennesee river. 

The catch?  Our guaranteed reservations expire at the end of this month.  So if you wanna go, NOW is the time to get on it!

Hope to see you there!

The people that hate you, don’t know you.  They dislike the funhouse mirror image they have of you.
IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo