Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Dec. fish in LK WA (Read 5719 times)
bassparagus
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

I'm the reason why fish
don't sleep.

Dec. fish in LK WA
11/28/13 at 04:34:30
Quote Print Post  
Hey guys my mom's gonna be in town on the weekend of the 14th and i gotta fish a tourney on the 7th. There is a possibility we can have the fish in on the 14th, but I will only know as the day gets closer. Our backup day would be the 21st.  We will be at Lake WA again. I'll keep you guys posted Cool

IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Re: Dec. fish in LK WA
Reply #1 - 12/02/13 at 02:56:24
Quote Print Post  
The 14th or 21st will work for me.

IP Logged

bassparagus
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

I'm the reason why fish
don't sleep.

Reply #2 - 12/05/13 at 04:51:02
Quote Print Post  
OK I just found out the 14 th is not going to work so we'll plan on the 21st, and hope the weather is good enough to fish in.

IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/17/13 at 03:56:07
Quote Print Post  
Keepin my fingers crossed for the fish-in weather this weekend.  Are we still a go if the weather cooperates?

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #4 - 12/17/13 at 06:28:02
Quote Print Post  
I hope the weather do give you all a good pre Christmas bite. For you members who don't Facebook, I will be back in North Dakota for my Dad's funeral.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

bassparagus
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

I'm the reason why fish
don't sleep.

Reply #5 - 12/18/13 at 05:47:19
Quote Print Post  
If the weather cooperates yes. I will make the call Thursday so stay tuned. I don't want anyone showing up if the fish in is cancelled.

IP Logged

bassparagus
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

I'm the reason why fish
don't sleep.

Reply #6 - 12/18/13 at 05:49:08
Quote Print Post  
Another thing is if you plan on attending please chime in!

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #7 - 12/19/13 at 15:46:14
Quote Print Post  
Sorry guys...boat is still froze up and well....its darn cold so I am out.  Tongue

IP Logged

bassparagus
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

I'm the reason why fish
don't sleep.

Reply #8 - 12/20/13 at 00:32:37
Quote Print Post  
Ya I just checked the weather report.

Looks like rain showers.  Cry  There will be no december fish in

We will try again in January .

IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 12/20/13 at 13:45:11
Quote Print Post  
Damn it!  Was looking forward to getting out on the water with you guys this weekend.  I'm gonna try to get out on Lake WA in between the rain showers this weekend anyway.  Haven't been out on my boat for awhile and need to take her out since her annual service.

Hope you guys all have a good holiday !

IP Logged

LaRoja
WBC Member

Reply #10 - 12/21/13 at 04:11:54
Quote Print Post  
Pathetic.
This club is not what it used to be.
Fair weather fishermen.
Merry Christmas!

IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 12/22/13 at 18:45:04
Quote Print Post  
Everyone,

I went out on Lake WA yesterday for 2.5 hours even though the fish-in was cancelled and had some drizzle but mostly dry weather, very little wind, water was smooth and temp was 43.5, air temp was about 42, but with the moisture in the air, and being out on the lake, it was cold.  While I was out there I kept thinking to myself I believe they use  the cold to torture prisoners so why am torturing myself.  It was a cold day out there and on my trip around Mercer Island I saw two enclosed boats and no open boats with people fishing, it was just crazy old me out there.

I just needed to get out of the house and take the boat out because it had been a couple of weeks since her annual service, I haven't been out on the water for two months due the recent passing of my mother and it was the first day of my end-of-the-year vacation.  I just needed to get out on the water, do some fishing at the usual spots and just hear the motor running and feel the cold air in my face while driving the boat around Mercer Island.

Didn't catch anything, don't know if that's a result of the cold, winter conditions, or an indication of my overall fishing skills, probably a little bit of both.

I work on Mercer Island and over the last few weeks I've seen barges hauling dirt away from over by the Marina across from the Mercer Island boat launch by the Newport Yacht club and the entrance to the canals.  Looks like they are adding more docks to the marina in front of the yacht club.  Here are a couple of pictures showing all this.  Hope they show up because they don't show up when I preview them.

Looking forward to the year-end awards banquet in January, seeing you guys, having the raffle, listening to Nick Barr tell us about his run for the Bassmaster Classic in the Carhartt Bassmaster College Series, and you can't forget the potluck and all the good food we'll be sharing.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas, or a Happy Holiday, or whatever you want to call it!

Barge_and_Marina_on_122113.jpg ( 332 KB | 193 Downloads )
Barge_and_Marina_on_122113.jpg

IP Logged

bassparagus
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

I'm the reason why fish
don't sleep.

Reply #12 - 12/23/13 at 06:39:46
Quote Print Post  
Karl If you get a chance try to find out where they are dumping the dirt. As they dump it it makes rock piles out on the bottom where it lands. Fish like rock piles.

IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 12/23/13 at 16:49:46
Quote Print Post  
I Googled Newport Yacht Club Dredging and got the plans for this project.  Here is the link to the PDF describing the whole project.  I've gotta run to get Santa pictures with the kids but they will be putting in natural logs with root balls into the area they dredge out.  They have some good drawings of the wood structure they will be putting in there at the end of the PDF document.  Sediment to be dumped in Elliot Bay.

http://www.bellevuewa.gov/pdf/land%20use/10-117464-WG.pdf

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo