Normal Topic Anyone Fishing this Labor Day?? (Read 2412 times)
Larry S.
Board Moderator

Anyone Fishing this Labor Day??
08/31/13 at 18:47:17
Quote Print Post  
If so where and what did ya catch??
I am going down to the Duwamish/Green river in the morning as the river opens another section and see about some Pink Salmon!!!

p.s. Lake Wa. might be pelted today with Huskie fans boating around/to Montlake so did not want to get pounded!!

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Re: Anyone Fishing this Labor Day??
Reply #1 - 08/31/13 at 22:54:56
Quote Print Post  
Hit Sammamish today for a few hours and got 6fish between 1-3lbs.  cleaned the boat last week and forgot most of my rods at home so I was dropshoting and fishing a grub on my crankbait rods  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/01/13 at 01:40:08
Quote Print Post  
Going out on Lake WA Sunday from 6 AM till around noon to get ready for the Cast for Kids event.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #3 - 09/01/13 at 23:32:25
Quote Print Post  
Jose and I went to the Duwamish from 9-1 and Jose got his limit of snags and I caught 3 Salmon...lost two and landed one but it was foul hooked and was a Silver around 4 -5 pounds! Released him as there were plenty of fish present but when the in-tide started...there went the bite!!

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #4 - 09/02/13 at 15:47:58
Quote Print Post  
I went up North to Beaver to hit some weedy lily pad water.  Caught a dink, then a nice 3-10 on a frog.  It was just me and a small aluminum boat on the water.  Off in the distance I hear a passer by in a SUV talking to the other boat.  About 5 minutes later an Ambulance shows up at the boat launch.  They get on the bullhorn and ask me to come over.  After my crappy carb merc fires off I gun it to the launch.  Turns out the Aluminum boat that had 2 small kids in it overturned.  I drove 2 paramedics over and the kids were calmly sitting on top of the boat, and the guy was in the water holding onto the boat.  Very calm rescue I must say, no one was panicking.  After we took the peeps to shore, I drove back and towed the boat in.  After that, no other fish caught. 

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 09/02/13 at 20:17:22
Quote Print Post  
Fishing isn't always about catching fish.  It's about making memories - and I think you succeeded in that!!!  Sounds like a mom somewhere is thanking God that her three "keepers" made it home.  Nicely done!

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #6 - 09/02/13 at 21:45:03
Quote Print Post  
Nice bass! Great save!! Where all in the small boat wearing PDF's?

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #7 - 09/02/13 at 23:45:37
Quote Print Post  
Ya Rodney, the two kids were about five yrs old and both had PFD's on.  The guy didn't have one on, but he was easily floating next to the boat waiting.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo