Normal Topic Red Crayfish Invasion (Read 2374 times)
Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Red Crayfish Invasion
08/14/13 at 02:41:55
Quote Print Post  
« Last Edit: 08/15/13 at 22:57:25 by Larry S. »  

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Re: Red Crayfish Invation
Reply #1 - 08/14/13 at 03:46:41
Quote Print Post  
They have been is Steele Lake in Federal Way for 10+years

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #2 - 08/15/13 at 01:05:55
Quote Print Post  
As soon as I read the topic I thought of Pine Lake.  Grin  Last time I fished that lake one big BRIGHT red one was walking by in 2 feet of water.  Scooped it up and drove it around a while.  It was the brightest red craw I have ever came across.  I have never seen one in Steel lake.  One kid at Steel was diving down for them at the boat launch and caught 9 in about an hour, all normal colored and a little on the small side.  Get fat you bass !

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

bassparagus
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

I'm the reason why fish
don't sleep.

Reply #3 - 08/15/13 at 01:27:07
Quote Print Post  
ya I used to catch those big red ones when I was a little kid. They are here and have been here for at least 25 years. probably alot longer. I found one at a park one day that was almost a foot long. probably 10" no joke. They even live in creeks.

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 08/15/13 at 04:44:01
Quote Print Post  
Most species of crawfish change colors during the year - many of which turn red or redish brown at one time or the other.  That makes me wonder if some of the ones we have seen in local lakes are actually the species the article is speaking about, or just regular crawfish that are in some stage of the molting process.

IP Logged

5dinks
WBC Board Member

2nd place is 1st LOSER!

Reply #5 - 08/15/13 at 11:25:41
Quote Print Post  
Is that "the rev" as in Chuck B ?  How the heck are ya?  Hope you and the family are well....

Sponsors:    One of the 5 original members of Team Ass Pocket, New truck, 2nd hand Triton boat (Thanks Willie at NIXONS MARINE), used truck camper with used F150 (everything is paid for), misc rods and reels, endorsed by MY WIFE and sponsored by a 9-5 job.

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Re: Red Crayfish Invasion
Reply #6 - 08/16/13 at 23:10:56
Quote Print Post  
Yes - its me!  Doing OK - just lurking in the background of the site and occasionally sticking my nose in the forums. 

Since I left the ministry, I have been trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. lol.  I need a new career so I can buy a boat again and get back to fishing. 

Miss the club horribly!  Been boatless for nearly 4 years - but I'm healthy, surviving, got a great wife, kids, and a grandson... so I can't complain.  Older, greyer, a little fatter, but enjoying the blessings I have. 

I'd sure like to get my crawfish pots out and catch some of those big red ones - good eating!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo