Normal Topic 21th Annual Lake Washington C.A.S.T. for Kids even (Read 1551 times)
Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

21th Annual Lake Washington C.A.S.T. for Kids even
08/01/13 at 04:44:31
Quote Print Post  
The C.A.S.T. for KIDS FOUNDATION is pleased to announce plans for the 21th Annual Lake Washington C.A.S.T. for Kids event to be held Saturday, September 7, 2013 at Gene Coulon Park in Renton.  

The event is designed to provide children with disabilities the opportunity to enjoy a quality outdoor recreational experience through the sport of fishing.  This year we plan to host 40 children, including participants from the local Parks Special Populations Program, along with children from Ronald McDonald House and the Starlight Children’s Foundation.  Local volunteer groups include Puget Sound Anglers, Washington Bass Federations, and the Western Bass Club; all providing experienced anglers who provide their boats and their expertise to help make this a meaningful and memorable day for the children and their parents alike.

I would like to ask you to join the above listed organizations to help provide Boaters for this year’s event.  It will take a little more than half of your day and the pay back will be many times the effort you put in.

The day begins with the volunteers arriving at 7:30am to get everything set up and ready.  The Children and their parents arrive at 8:30.  The children are then given C.A.S.T. t-shirts and hats, rods and reels, tackle boxes filled with tackle to keep as their own for future use.  They are then paired, along with their parent, with an experienced fisherman and head out onto Lake Washington for about 3 hours of fishing and boat riding.  The anglers head in at about 12:00 and along with all the volunteers, families, and friends, and are treated to a barbeque lunch.  After lunch each child is presented an awarded a plaque that has a photo of them and their boat Captain inserted as a memento of this very special day.

Your help with make it possible for many special needs children to experience the joy of fishing and riding in a boat; many for the very first time, and some, for the only time.

Please pass this request on to fellow club members and others that might want to join us.  Sign up at www.castforkids.org or for more information contact Jessica Kelly at Jessica@castforkids.org or call 425-251-3202. Or post here that you will be there with your boat and how many you can take on your boat.

Thank you for your consideration of my request to help with this very worthwhile event.  I hope that you will become one of the “SPECIAL PEOPLE, HELPING SPECIAL KIDS, CATCH A SPECIAL THRILL”

Sincerely,
Jim Owens

(edited and posted by Rodney Heupel)

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Re: 21th Annual Lake Washington C.A.S.T. for Kids
Reply #1 - 08/01/13 at 04:53:11
Quote Print Post  
I will be there to take one special kid and parent to Catch A Special Thrill.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #2 - 08/01/13 at 06:16:37
Quote Print Post  
Me also!!! Grin

IP Logged

Y2SAYS
Forum Administrator
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

Reply #3 - 08/12/13 at 01:14:54
Quote Print Post  
I'll be there and Renton Honda is a proud sponsor!!!

"Do or do not, there is no try"

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo