Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) July fish in Black Lk (Read 6318 times)
bassparagus
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

I'm the reason why fish
don't sleep.

Re: July fish in Black Lk
Reply #15 - 07/22/12 at 14:55:21
Quote Print Post  
Fish-In report for
Black Lake, Thurston County
July, 21 2012

3 boats and 8 memebers were at the fish in.The water temp started at 71 and by 2pm it had gone up to 74. The water clarity was stained to heavy stained depending on which side of the lake you were on. The weather was cloudy in the morning, and partly cloudy in the afternoon with some really nice sun breaks.  Rodney, and Todd fished together in Rodney's boat. Rodney caught 2 smallies at about a pound and a half each. Terry was also there with his wife and 2 daughters. They had to leave a little early. Finally there was Christy and I. I caught the only fish in my boat, It was a 3.2 large mouth for the "big fish." Overall I would say the bite was pretty slow. The fry has grown to about an inch or so and the smallies seem to be feeding on it heavily. Both of Rodney's fish regurgitated a bunch of fry. On another note I saw no bluegill nests, which I have been seeing alot of at other lakes, and really not much activity in the pads.

Thanks to everyone that showed up

Dan Caffrey

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo