Normal Topic Chris Lane (Read 2465 times)
Keri
WBC Member

Chris Lane
04/18/12 at 18:48:49
Quote Print Post  
Hey we just found out Chris Lane will be speaking at our annual Bassresource Roadtrip, this year we're at Lake Guntersville, AL.  If any of you have a question you'd like to ask let me know and I'll add it to the mix.

Smiley

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Re: Chris Lane
Reply #1 - 04/19/12 at 19:13:54
Quote Print Post  
Would  Chris like to fish one of the Western Bass Club tournaments to see how well he can fish against the members of the oldest bass club in the nation?

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Angie
Forum Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #2 - 04/20/12 at 05:20:37
Quote Print Post  
How did Chris feel on the last day, did he know he won or was he worried?

What's it like sitting in the chair on stage waiting for other anglers  to weigh in??

IP Logged

Glenn_May
WBC Member

Reply #3 - 04/25/12 at 03:17:29
Quote Print Post  
We'll definitely ask him!  thanks!!

The people that hate you, don’t know you.  They dislike the funhouse mirror image they have of you.
IP Logged

Glenn_May
WBC Member

Reply #4 - 04/26/12 at 02:49:33
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
How did Chris feel on the last day, did he know he won or was he worried?

What's it like sitting in the chair on stage waiting for other anglers  to weigh in??

Let's see, was he nervous/worried?....first cast of the last day he threw a spinnerbait 70' up a tree.

so....I'd say ya.  Smiley

The people that hate you, don’t know you.  They dislike the funhouse mirror image they have of you.
IP Logged

Angie
Forum Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #5 - 04/27/12 at 00:09:44
Quote Print Post  
Haha....I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that!!
Grin

IP Logged

Pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 04/27/12 at 03:26:17
Quote Print Post  
Hey Glenn and Keri-
I would like to ask Chris what particular situations does he use braided line.  Would he pitch a soft plastic/jig in heavy cover where there's a ton of laydowns that mainly consist of wood/tree limbs in clear water or would he use flourocarbon instead?  What lb. test does he use when fishing braid and flourocarbon in these situations?  

What are his go to baits in clear water in spring for...Smallmouth? largemouth? Spots?  Muddy or stained water...same question

Has he ever fished in the Northwest?  What is his perception of bass fishing in Washington/Oregon?  

What is the best part of being a professional bass fisherman?  What is the worst part?  Can he give some specific examples?

Please tell him congratulations on his win at the Classic...he definitely was the guy I was cheering for-  I can see why all the guys on the Elite series tour were so happy that he won it this year- he seems like a really likeable guy.

Oh, one more thing....please ask him if he was aware he had a clone or missing brother out west named Rocky Beeman Jr....LOL.   Now all he needs to do is meet up with him in person this summer.  While he's here I'd be glad to take him fishing.... Wink

Bob

IP Logged

Glenn_May
WBC Member

Reply #7 - 04/28/12 at 05:23:48
Quote Print Post  
Too late man.  It was last Wednesday!

IP Logged

Keri
WBC Member

Reply #8 - 04/29/12 at 14:01:31
Quote Print Post  
Angie I’ll answer your second question. "What's it like sitting in the chair on stage waiting for other anglers to weigh in??"

He was the last angler to weigh in so he wasn't on stage.  He said the hard part was sitting backstage listening to the weights of the other anglers.  He knew Greg Vinson had a good chance to catch him but after Greg weighed in he knew he had it won, but was still nervous because you never know what the scale will say.   Smiley

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo