Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Boat count guess for "Box Canyon"? (Read 4236 times)
EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Boat count guess for "Box Canyon"?
03/20/12 at 13:41:01
Quote Print Post  
Anyone want to start a betting pool on the boat count at "Box Canyon" at a projected $5.00-$6.00 per gallon fuel price?  Let's see, Kirk (maybe), Smitty (maybe), uh, that makes two............  My calculations @ 10 MPG x $5.50 per gallon x 600 miles = $330 bucks in van gas alone.  First place with 5 boats, payout will be like $35.00!  Total net winnings (w/o factoring fuel for the boat, food, motel (or camping) a loss of $295!!!!  You better love the trophy!!!!! Grin
  Too bad we drive right by Potholes, Moses, Banks, Roosevelt, Sammamish, Lake Wa, Riffe, Scootney, Chelan................

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Re: Boat count guess for "Box Canyon"?
Reply #1 - 03/20/12 at 14:36:44
Quote Print Post  
For the last two years my co-workers have been very kind  Smiley and let me have the time off to fish the tournaments, this year  Sad they have the priority on vacation. I will not be at this one.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #2 - 03/20/12 at 16:58:16
Quote Print Post  
I think you might be forgetting a few things here.
#1 We changed from Silver Lake to Lake WA this year for the Draw tourney to help offset the cost.

My truck with camper gets 11mpg at $5.50 a Gal that is 50cents a mile

Trip to Silver lake 115m X 2 = 230m $115
Trip to Pot Holes 180m X 2= 360  $180
Trip to Box Canyon 355m X 2= 710 $355
Now subtract the Silver Lake From Box = $175 so its $175 more to go to Box but you didn't spend on Silver this year thus your net dif is $60
I used $5.50 a gal for all my numbers
I for one am exited to see new parts of the State & fish new waters. If you can get a back seat to split cost with then It might not be a bad deal. We might just go as a family & spend a week there call it our vacation.

Side note this is no guaranty that I can go. Because of my work I can not anticipate what my income will do at any given time so I have to fish on a wait & see. If business is good I go if its bad I don't.

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #3 - 03/20/12 at 18:14:02
Quote Print Post  
I will be there!  I am excited to see something new.  I am taking an extended weekend with the wife and we are making it a mini vacation.  Don't be such a sourpuss. Wink

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #4 - 03/20/12 at 19:34:39
Quote Print Post  
Ditto Terry.  April & I , and the new Malamute puppy are going to make it a mini-vacation and visit family in Spokane after the "T".  Its a good drive for us too, but you guys on the east side voted on it. 
Oh but then the east side voted in the current administration who have done nothing to control the price of fuel, let alone put forth a comprehensive energy policy. Life is about choices on a daily basis.  I chose to continue to fish with the club and drop fishing circuits this year in order to save some money on fuel.  Some folks will make a long trip several times a year to go hunting.  They justify those trips by saying they are putting lean meat in the freezer.  Figure out what a pound of Elk meat or venison really costs and then tell me it's worth it.
Just sayin, it all evens out in the end and we get to get together as a club and fish some new water.  New water that has a lot of LMB in it for you bigmouth afficianados. Smiley

Smitty Wink

AKA Dune Hopper

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 03/20/12 at 23:05:40
Quote Print Post  
If I had the time to fish club tournaments I would welcome this new lake no matter what the gas price is. Its not about the trophy-Its about fellowship and having fun doing what you love to do most. The Pend Oreile chain is awesome.

IP Logged

bassin9
WBC Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #6 - 03/21/12 at 02:01:26
Quote Print Post  
I for one am excited just cause it is a new body of water for me. Making it a vacation and visit family on the way back and maybe hit some of those other lakes mentioned. Wink

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #7 - 03/21/12 at 11:28:27
Quote Print Post  
I am going...I need to keep trying new waters as our favorites are quickly becoming everyones favorites!!

IP Logged

Daryl
Forum Member

Reply #8 - 03/21/12 at 13:26:01
Quote Print Post  
I will be there also. Just to say I was there. Who cares about gas, we were saying that crap when it hit $4 a gallon. Plus Ron, you have a sponsor. ha

Daryl

IP Logged

Pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 03/26/12 at 02:26:42
Quote Print Post  
I'm certainly planning on fishing this tournament but would like to figure out ahead of time where specifically I'm going to be staying.  I would like to stay in one of the cabins at Blueslide Resort but can't really justify it if it's only going to be me and my fishing partner.  I would like to possibly split the cost with a couple more guys if possible.   I have stayed in these cabins on two different occasions during the late deer season and they were quite clean and comfortable.  If anyone is interested please IM me and I'll make the reservations.  

BTW- Blueside does requires a 20% non refundable deposit....see link below.
Thanks
Bob
http://www.blueslideresort.com/

IP Logged

bradpjohnson
WBC Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #10 - 03/26/12 at 03:11:19
Quote Print Post  
I'll split a cabin with you.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 05/24/12 at 01:20:10
Quote Print Post  
Looks like I will be out of this one now. Had problems with the big motor again on Potholes on Sunday. Carlos and I limped it into the dunes to fish, and had to leave an hour early to make it back to weigh-in in time. Will be taking it to Limit Out tomorrow, but not expecting it to be done in time.

IP Logged

Castman
WBC Member

Reply #12 - 05/24/12 at 17:04:54
Quote Print Post  
Wish I could go, but will be fishing with 40 of my special needs kids down in California on Lake Oroville.

I have fish there several times over the years and each time has been a minimum of GOOD and a maximum of GREAT.  So unless it has changed drasticially, those that take the long trek with be more than glad they did.

Last time I fished a tournament there my partner and I came in the first day with a six fish limit of a little over 22 pounds.  We were not in the top 10!

Good luck to all and have your nets ready.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo