Normal Topic Trailer tires? (Read 2001 times)
Pays2no
Ex Member

Trailer tires?
02/21/12 at 01:15:23
Quote Print Post  
Does anyone have any good recommendations on where to buy new trailer tires?  I'm looking to replace the ST 205 75 R14 Trail America tires I currently have, on the trailer now.  I've been quite satisified with them the past 4 years but it's time to replace them...any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks
Bob

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Re: Trailer tires?
Reply #1 - 02/21/12 at 01:21:30
Quote Print Post  
I bought a couple GoodYear Marathon's through my work.  They look like they are updated from the older styles, they have a nice curb guard and the sidewalls look a little better.  I could try to get you a price if you want.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #2 - 02/21/12 at 02:02:41
Quote Print Post  
I have been happy with my trailer tires from Les Schwab. They put better tires on then came on the trailer originally.  Smiley Smiley

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #3 - 02/21/12 at 17:17:19
Quote Print Post  
I got new set last year. I spent many Hrs reading & reviewing tires Trust me when I say GoodYear Marathon's. What I ended up doing was ordering a set online I dont recall the site but if you need I can find it. After I got them I was at Costco getting new tires on the truck & I had trailer tires in the back & asked them to mount them for me.

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

Pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/22/12 at 01:43:39
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for your feedback Chris, Rodney and John...any specific information you can find regarding the tires you purchased would be great...
Thanks
Bob

IP Logged

Glenn_May
WBC Member

Reply #5 - 02/22/12 at 05:54:48
Quote Print Post  
I replaced the Marathon's on our trailer with Les Schwab tires.  Why? Simple.  If I ever have a problem on the road, a Les Schwab is almost always nearby.

The people that hate you, don’t know you.  They dislike the funhouse mirror image they have of you.
IP Logged

Mark B
WBC Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #6 - 02/23/12 at 06:14:19
Quote Print Post  
Les schwab.  Tow Max tires in July of last year.  Really like them.  I did a lot of research as well.  Every trailer tire has mixed reviews.  It depends on how you drive and make sure your tires are properly inflated and are the right load range for what you are towing.

Another thing, verify you are buying newly manufactured tires and not ones that have been sitting on a shelf for 2 yrs.  I made sure my tires where manufactured less than 3 months before my purchase.

Just my 2 cents

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo