Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Mercer Island boat launch dock being replaced (Read 4470 times)
karl7feet
Ex Member

Mercer Island boat launch dock being replaced
01/07/12 at 02:36:27
Quote Print Post  
Everyone,

Was out at the Mercer Island boat launch today and noticed they are repairing/replacing the boat dock.  Spoke with the two gentlemen doing the work and it sound like they will be working on this through the weekend of 1/14-1/15, and they said the launch is still useable, just not the dock.  Read the signs by the ramp and it appears they are replacing almost all of the dock, police and public side.  I will update this thread next week with any new information I get. 

Karl

IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Re: Mercer Island boat launch dock being replaced
Reply #1 - 01/11/12 at 03:18:56
Quote Print Post  
Was down at the launch today and I haven't seen anyone working on it the last couple of days.  Here's a picture of the dock as of today.  I'll let everyone know what I learn from the workmen the next time I see them.

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/12/12 at 02:17:53
Quote Print Post  
Wow that dock wasnt even old at all...

IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/27/12 at 03:18:37
Quote Print Post  
Went down to the boat launch today and they have finished installing the new plastic decking and some ladders - see picture of deck below.

_MG_1710-decking.jpg ( 31 KB | 154 Downloads )
_MG_1710-decking.jpg

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #4 - 01/27/12 at 18:09:57
Quote Print Post  
To bad they didn't widen the launch so you can have one lane in one lane out. I bet $5 they will now raise the launch fee.

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 02/04/12 at 03:08:16
Quote Print Post  
Actually that launch will handle one boat going out and one going in, not as spacious as we would like, but have seen it quite often during the Summer months.

IP Logged

Glenn_May
WBC Member

Reply #6 - 02/27/12 at 04:12:27
Quote Print Post  
Did they remove all the gravel at the waterline?  Seems somebody always get stuck in that gravel when pulling a boat out.

The people that hate you, don’t know you.  They dislike the funhouse mirror image they have of you.
IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 03/02/12 at 03:58:51
Quote Print Post  
Was down at the boat launch today and as Glenn mentioned there is a bunch of gravel down right at the waterline.  I saw some of the maintenance guys on my way out and asked if anyone would be clearing out the gravel at the launch and they said they would be.  I have lunch down there most days and I will keep an eye on the launch and let you know when the gravel has been removed.

IP Logged

Glenn_May
WBC Member

Reply #8 - 03/09/12 at 05:23:29
Quote Print Post  
This is goodness.  Smiley

Thanks for the reports!

The people that hate you, don’t know you.  They dislike the funhouse mirror image they have of you.
IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 03/17/12 at 01:42:00
Quote Print Post  
Sorry to say that as of Thursday, 3/15, there was still a bunch of gravel/debris at the waterline.  I asked the marine patrol guys, the police that use the police boats, when it should be cleared away and they said they usually clear it off when the winter storms start to subside.  They said it doesn't do much good to clear it off while the heavy weather keeps pushing stuff onto the ramp.  At some point I will just take a shovel and do it myself.

I will keep asking any worker bees I see down there on my lunch hours and faithfully report back.

IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 03/23/12 at 05:02:01
Quote Print Post  
The boat launch will be closed on Saturday, 3/24, for a recycling event.  The gravel is still at the waterline.

IP Logged

Glenn_May
WBC Member

Reply #11 - 03/24/12 at 03:09:17
Quote Print Post  
Hmmm....  Keep the updates coming.  We're listening.

When are you there for lunch?  Maybe I'll join you, if you don't mind.

IP Logged

karl7feet
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 04/07/12 at 00:15:05
Quote Print Post  
Gravel and debris is still at the boat launch.  Haven't seen anybody around the lunch hour lately to ask about when they will clean it up.  Think I will call the people that issue the boat launch annual permits and see if they can get it cleared out.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo