Normal Topic Fizzing Perch (Read 1062 times)
bassparagus
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

I'm the reason why fish
don't sleep.

Fizzing Perch
12/26/11 at 20:49:36
Quote Print Post  
My friend Matt and I went out to American Lake on Thursday. I got a nice 2.6 smallmouth, but we both caught somewhere around 30 perch in the process. We were fishing between 40 and 60 ft. Almost all of the perch we caught had thier stomachs protruding from thier throats when we got them to the surface. the first one we caught we released and it floated on the surface. I decided to try and fizz him. It worked. He immediately came back to life, and we watched him swim back to the bottom on sonar. I know alot of you guys feed the birds with your perch, but I would rather feed the bass with mine. Fizzing them is easy. Lay them on thier side and lay one of thier side fins flat. At the top of thier fin count back toward the tail 7 or 8 scales. Remove one and stick the 18 gauge needle in at a 45 deg. angle. On the smaller ones thats all u gotta do, but on the larger ones after u stick the needle in at a 45, turn it to a 90 and poke in a little further till you hear the pop. It works  Smiley

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Re: Fizzing Perch
Reply #1 - 12/27/11 at 17:03:04
Quote Print Post  
I find the best way to fiz Perch is in a frying pan. Wink Wink

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Re: Fizzing Perch
Reply #2 - 12/27/11 at 17:49:23
Quote Print Post  
Now that was funny  Cheesy

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo