Normal Topic navionics chip (Read 2261 times)
bassparagus
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

I'm the reason why fish
don't sleep.

navionics chip
11/26/11 at 17:00:52
Quote Print Post  
Is it possible to view my navionics Platinum+ chip on my pc? I'm not really a computer guy so I'm not sure if I can. I know that it says in the directions not to try copying files or the card will quit working. Does that mean I shouldn't put the chip in my SD slot?

I would like to be able to study some maps and possibly find some more good winter spots.

I'd like to hear from someone that knows a little more than me about this. I tried to find Images online but all I find is where I can buy a card. And no I'm not just going to stick it in and see, because that sounds like it could be an expensive mistake.
Maybe I can download maps from thier website? I donno. Any input would be appreciated.

thanx

Dan C

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Re: navionics chip
Reply #1 - 11/27/11 at 00:40:10
Quote Print Post  
I think you need a navionics card reader to view the maps on your pc.

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #2 - 11/27/11 at 21:22:58
Quote Print Post  
I use a program called Navionics HotMaps Explorer If you plug the card into a SD card reader it will disable the card They do that so you cant copy the SD card.
That is why you would need a $60 navionics card reader.
The CD Navionics HotMaps Explorer only cost $15

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

bassparagus
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

I'm the reason why fish
don't sleep.

Reply #3 - 11/28/11 at 02:37:49
Quote Print Post  
Thanx John that's the answer I was lookin' for. I noticed under neath the white plastic thing in the box it said not to insert it into a card reader. That is sure going to beat plugging it into the fish finder and standing outside by my boat haha.  Smiley

IP Logged

Mark B
WBC Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - 11/28/11 at 17:21:28
Quote Print Post  
Dan
Another option you may want to consider.  If your HDS units are removable, you may want to set it up so you can power them through a home outlet and car accessory plug.  I have mine set up this way to use at home or in my truck.  The plus to this, is anything you save or change is instantly on your unit and your learn to use your HDS units better for ease of use on the water.  Easy to color coordinate "exploratory" spots to separate from "proven".

I also find it useful if you have power at a campsite to get info into your fish finders.

My 2cents

Mark

IP Logged

bassparagus
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

I'm the reason why fish
don't sleep.

Reply #5 - 11/29/11 at 00:33:52
Quote Print Post  
Mark, Does this mean you have some type of removable power cable setup on your boat? That way sounds good, did you have to buy a new  plug that goes into the back of the unit?  My unit is removeable, yes. But the power cables are not. in other words.

Are you saying to put a removeable plug style connector on my power cables, to make the cables removeable also?

That would work too

IP Logged

Mark B
WBC Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #6 - 11/29/11 at 08:08:15
Quote Print Post  
http://www.bbcboards.net/zerothread?id=442139

Check out the link above.  You need an additional power cord with the provided in-line fuse.  You can pick up at outdoor emporium plus the stuff in the post above (ignore the dude using a battery at home - that is just crazy talk).

All in cost should be around $60 to $70.  Well worth it.  You can also watch recoded sonar and/or side scans and down scans, then mark GPS coordinates from recordings for future trips on the water.  You can do some really cool stuff. 

I should be at the next fish in if you what to check out my set up.

IP Logged

bassparagus
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

I'm the reason why fish
don't sleep.

Reply #7 - 11/29/11 at 13:34:38
Quote Print Post  
Ok cool, CU there

thanx Dan

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo