Normal Topic Polarized Sunglasses... (Read 1905 times)
LunkerCity14
Forum Member

I Love WBC!

Polarized Sunglasses...
11/17/11 at 19:15:36
Quote Print Post  
Hi guys,

I am looking to get a new pair of polarized shades as my Ray-bans are magically MIA. I had a pair of Oakley half-jackets in the past but would rather look into some brands more geared directly toward bass fishing. I'd like to get some very high-quality shades possibly with mutiple lenses for different conditions (price range from $50 - $150 or so)... Any ideas or recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Alex

Alex Lubov

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Re: Polarized Sunglasses...
Reply #1 - 11/18/11 at 03:54:22
Quote Print Post  
I have been using fit overs, but want to upgrade to Solar Bats. Prescription lens with bi-focals.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #2 - 11/18/11 at 15:07:14
Quote Print Post  
I used SolarBat's all year under the recommendation of a good friend, and his tournament partner.  Both have won Several tournaments so they know what works.  I got the HiConY lenses, high contrast yellow  Wink

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #3 - 11/18/11 at 21:10:15
Quote Print Post  
Take a long hard look at Costa's.  They have been in the business of making glasses exclusively designed for fishing for years.  The company was started by two eye doctors who sight fished the flats in Bimini for Bonefish.  The company has recently introduced a new formula for their lenses that is nothing short of amazing.  A really neat feature is in the design of the frames.  Many of them prevent back glare which can often be a real issue in bright sunlight on the water.  As a wearer of prescription eye-wear since I was 12 y.o. ( A very long time ago) I can easily appreciate quality when I see it.  One last consideration and warning.  I would strongly recommend that any glasses you fish with have lenses that are polycarbonate.  I have seen several pictures of eyes that were damaged by sinkers, lures, etc that came back into the anglers face on a violent hook-set or when trying to retrieve a hung-up lure.
I get my prescription Costa's custom made by a person in St. Louis who make nothing but glasses for anglers,hunters, and trap shooters.  If you are interested give me an IM and I will provide his name and phone number.

Smitty Wink

AKA Dune Hopper

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #4 - 11/18/11 at 21:50:14
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
As a wearer of prescription eye-wear since I was 12 y.o. ( A very long time ago)

WOW were the frames made of stone back then  Tongue

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

LunkerCity14
Forum Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #5 - 11/21/11 at 19:51:47
Quote Print Post  
Sounds good, thanks for your input guys. At this point in my youth I am not in need of any prescription eyewear (crossing my fingers Grin since my twin brother is as blind as a bat haha) but the recommendation for the guy who makes custom eyeware for Costa's is still greatly appreciated Smitty, so thanks for that. I think I am going to go with a pair of Solar Bat Patriots due to them being a little more affordable than the Costas even though they do look awesome.

Alex Lubov

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo