Normal Topic Big Conflict... (Read 2304 times)
Larry S.
Board Moderator

Big Conflict...
11/17/11 at 16:47:40
Quote Print Post  
We might need to change a date next year....just a thought before vacations get scheduled.....Our Draw touney conflicts with the Federation Tournament on Lake Wa. 4-28/29.......I for one would like to fish the qualifiers but want to commit to the club schedule too....any conversation about a shift of weekend and/or maybe Sammamish? just lookin as Lake Wa. has alot of community spots that with 50-70 boats...(both groups on the lake together) can get very crowded. Whatcha think? Oh and the 2012 schedule is up on the WDFW site.

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Re: Big Conflict...
Reply #1 - 11/17/11 at 18:47:32
Quote Print Post  
Larry, 
The federation has been averaging 20 to 25 boats per year, and I feel our club would have about 15 to 18 for this tourney tops.  That being said, at this time of the year, Lake Wash, can easily handle the boats.  As to conflicts with tourney's, this is always a tough decision for each angler and club.  Do we as a club accomodate tourney date around others, or as angler's with limited fishing time and dates have to sometimes make tough decisions as to what we fish.
  I have choosen to make the qualifiers a priority in my book, others might choose to support the club events.  Neither choice is right or wrong, just what you as an angler are wanting to accomplish in that particular year of fishing.  As to the club changing the date, that's up to the board and members.  Can it be done, sure.  Should it be done, ?????  I feel the club should stick with it's voted on and approved schedule.

Just my  $0.02 worth.

Mark

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #2 - 11/17/11 at 19:19:11
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
Larry,  
The federation has been averaging 20 to 25 boats per year, and I feel our club would have about 15 to 18 for this tourney tops.  That being said, at this time of the year, Lake Wash, can easily handle the boats.  As to conflicts with tourney's, this is always a tough decision for each angler and club.  Do we as a club accomodate tourney date around others, or as angler's with limited fishing time and dates have to sometimes make tough decisions as to what we fish.
 I have choosen to make the qualifiers a priority in my book, others might choose to support the club events.  Neither choice is right or wrong, just what you as an angler are wanting to accomplish in that particular year of fishing.  As to the club changing the date, that's up to the board and members.  Can it be done, sure.  Should it be done, ?????  I feel the club should stick with it's voted on and approved schedule.

Just my  $0.02 worth.

Mark

Agreed.

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 11/18/11 at 16:03:39
Quote Print Post  
As the 2012 TBF President I don't believe this will be an issue. Since we only fish one day of that weekend I am trying to move our date to the 29th since some guys want to fish the Whatcom Open on the Saturday the 28th. This year we will more than likely have about 25-30 boats and possibly more since our state is hosting the 2013 divisional. We will have further information after the March Federation meeting whether this takes place or not.

Russ

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #4 - 11/18/11 at 20:33:50
Quote Print Post  
Russ, thank you for the info!    Cool

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 12/05/11 at 19:43:22
Quote Print Post  
Rodney,

The TBF Washington event is being held on the 28th afterall since the Whatcom Open date moved to the 29th. Any idea what your permit number is? From what I am hearing we will have about 30+boats.

Russ

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #6 - 12/07/11 at 05:33:05
Quote Print Post  
I'm sure our combined total number of boats will not exced the number of boats allowed by the state.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo