Normal Topic Cast 4 Kids, Wounded Warriors event (Read 4562 times)
Chris B.
WBC Member

Cast 4 Kids, Wounded Warriors event
06/25/11 at 02:49:08
Quote Print Post  
If you have been reading the newsletter you know this event is coming up next month.  Jim Owens has changed the date to Saturday, July 23rd.  It will be held at American Lake, at Russel's Landing on base.  If you would like to volunteer your time and boat for this event, call or send Jim Owens an email, (425) 251-3214, Jim@castforkids.org   You need to provide Jim with your info, including boat numbers, and license plate numbers.  The more people that sign up ahead of time, the more he can invite.  Bring your proof of insurance, and extra life jackets.  Boaters should be at the badge office before the main gate at 5:30 a.m.  Donated raffle prizes are also welcomed.  There will be a BBQ after the fishing portion of the event.  Sign up now, Jim Owens will be sending additional information to boaters 2 weeks before the event.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Castman
WBC Member

Re: Cast 4 Kids, Wounded Warriors event
Reply #1 - 07/01/11 at 16:57:10
Quote Print Post  
Chris, Thankx for getting the word out.  Below are the folks that have already sighed up for the event.  If more of you would like to sign up, please contact me ASAP at jimowens@castforkids.org

Dan Caffey
Thomas Maciel
Mark Brown
John Greer\Terry Steffenson
Phil Hudgens

This should be a great day!

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #2 - 07/07/11 at 01:28:30
Quote Print Post  
Jim Owens should provide info on how to get on base, but I searched for the directions on Google.

Russell's Landing:

From Seattle:

South on I-5, Take Exit 120 towards Fort Lewis
Merge onto 41st Division Dr S
Turn Right onto Shoreline Beach Road
Turn Left onto American Lake Ave
Turn Right to stay on American Lake Ave
Road ends at Russell's Landing

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #3 - 07/14/11 at 06:05:55
Quote Print Post  
The event is 10 days away.  If you haven't sent Cast your info, you need to do it ASAP.  Lets make this go as smooth as we can for Ashley Kaiser and Jim. 

Send the following info to Ashley@CastforKids.org

Full Name:
Date of Birth:
Last 4 of you Social:
Drivers License Number & State:
Other important Remarks: (ie: if you're a citizen of another country, etc.)

If you already have military ID/base access just provide you name and indicate that you have access.  All vehicles entering JBLM must also have valid tabs and insurance.

Thanks, hope everyone has a fun time.

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #4 - 07/25/11 at 15:42:19
Quote Print Post  
It was a very enjoyable event for those of us that where including John, Phil, Thomas, myself and of course Jim. The rock bass where very co-operative with an occasional perch mixed in. The warrior that fished with me did catch 3 small smallies using for his first time ever drop shotting.  Looking forward to continued support of the wounded warrior event working with the Evergreen Bass club and C.A.S.T. for Kids.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #5 - 07/26/11 at 02:40:07
Quote Print Post  
Here are a few pictures taken from my day.

This is Stans first fish of the day on his second cast of the morn. His first ever drop shot fish!

Second of 3 small mouth bass caught by Stan.

My only bass of the day, a 4.4 lb'er on a drop shot.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

bassin9
WBC Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #6 - 07/28/11 at 00:14:39
Quote Print Post  
Had a great time as well.

IP Logged

Castman
WBC Member

Reply #7 - 07/28/11 at 16:22:44
Quote Print Post  
It was a great event!  Thankx so much to all the WBC members that volunteered their time and boats to come take these warriors and their families out fishing. They really appreciated it and found it hard to believe tht we would go to so much trouble to do this for them.  I told them that it was nothing compared to the sacrifices that they and their families made for us.

We'll do it again next year, only bigger and better.

God Bless America and the folks that protect it.

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #8 - 07/29/11 at 03:06:06
Quote Print Post  
Glad everyone had a good time.  I had an ok time at the wedding I was attending.  Maybe next year

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo