Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Jack and Jill..... (Read 7755 times)
Larry S.
Board Moderator

Jack and Jill.....
01/07/11 at 19:49:51
Quote Print Post  
So.....I looked at the schedule....has there been any discussion about moving the J & J to Roosevelt? We are still sharing the weekend of the 23rd. 24th with Northend on Banks and since alot of couples fish the Open......well the weekend before and after are open for fishing Roosevelt.......I would like to see if we can have the tourney moved to Roosevelt on the 16th-17th.
There is no NW tourneys or visible opens so might be able to get all avail. teams there........whatta ya think?
lets do this before spots get eaten up. Wink

IP Logged

Angie
Forum Member

I Love WBC!

Re: Jack and Jill.....
Reply #1 - 01/07/11 at 21:23:30
Quote Print Post  
If I remember correctly  Undecided Terry was going to see about sharing the lake and using the same weigh-in?

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #2 - 01/08/11 at 00:21:57
Quote Print Post  
That's the plan, more info to come.

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

Jack
Forum Member

Reply #3 - 01/08/11 at 00:57:22
Quote Print Post  
If we have any say in this, I would like to fish two tourneys instead of one that counts as two.  just my two cents.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #4 - 01/08/11 at 02:06:29
Quote Print Post  
me too.

IP Logged

biggreen
Forum Member

Flippin Out

Reply #5 - 01/08/11 at 18:23:22
Quote Print Post  
I would also like to see two separate events if at alll possible. Personally I believe the majority of people who will participate in both would like to see WBC fish its own event.

PS. I have already made my res for the weekend posted.

IP Logged

Terry
WBC Member

Reply #6 - 01/08/11 at 18:55:14
Quote Print Post  
Well, we will have to discuss and vote because the overwhelming majority picked Banks at the vote.  Then, I can discuss with Bruce Baker, if necessary.  Suggestion:  Make a motion at the next meeting.

Team A$$pocket!!"
Old Paid For Boat" pro staff

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #7 - 01/08/11 at 20:52:03
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
Well, we will have to discuss and vote because the overwhelming majority picked Banks at the vote.  Then, I can discuss with Bruce Baker, if necessary.  Suggestion:  Make a motion at the next meeting.

Terry has hit the nail on the head! We have members who fish the Jack and Jill who may not be able to voice their opinion/vote at a meeting. I feel the board will agree with me this topic may/will fall under specified items and may/will become our first use of the change to Article 6. Meetings:

Article 6. Meetings

Sec. 2 Fifteen members in good standing shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business. (ADD) Absentee and web based voting are permitted, from members in good standing, on specified items, as determined by the board, coming up for vote, providing the specified items have been posted on the Club website at least (14) fourteen days prior to the regular meeting that the specified item be voted upon. All absentee and web based votes must be submitted at the opening of the regular meeting and recorded in the minutes. Only one vote per member, live vote takes precedence. Absentee and web based votes do not constitute a quorum. In the event a quorum is not achieved, the recorded absentee and web based votes shall remain on record and active for a time period limited to until the next regular club meeting.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #8 - 02/01/11 at 21:35:21
Quote Print Post  
So.....it has been up for discussion so....what say yee? Again I would like two separate events....just to spend more time watching my Jill giggle and now that Banks will be drawing down maybe a few more days at Playland even if the club event is moved to Roosevelt.

IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 02/12/11 at 19:16:08
Quote Print Post  
What about other lake options? Jack and Jill and Lake Roosevelt are together like every year. What say Moses Lake again in July? had some great weights there in 04

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 02/13/11 at 17:37:27
Quote Print Post  
Rob,

This is WBC we never change the J&J lake.

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #11 - 02/13/11 at 18:08:51
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
Rob,

This is WBC we never change the J&J lake.

The lake selection is the voice of the majority of voting WBC members. Check the archived news letters, it has been held on other lakes in the past.  Wink

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #12 - 02/13/11 at 18:11:00
Quote Print Post  
Moses is open as per the WDFW and yes Russ...we do change lakes for the J&J...we've been to Roosevelt, Silver, Banks and even Riffe....the main reasoning for Banks/Roosey is the fish catches are off the charts and it is very unlikely that getting skunked or foul weather will affect the days fishing.....If you want Moses come to the next meeting get yer membership re-newed and make the nomination.
Cheesy

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 02/13/11 at 18:26:43
Quote Print Post  
Larry,

Maybe I am hallucinating or something but the last 3-4 years have been  on Rosey and a majority of these have been on Rosey. So what am I missing.
Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #14 - 02/13/11 at 19:29:09
Quote Print Post  
We have had a streak of Roosey J & Js....Moses in 04'...Silver in 03' so maybe your right Russ....maybe time for change.... Wink
Just need to have these discussions brought up when we select lakes....time for folks to get REALLY INVOLVED in the selection process.....since folks make vacation plans a year in advance changes mess things up...I started this mess by suggesting the move in the first place and will TD for Terry if he cannot attend but again....lets see some more..(ALL) of you at the selection process....we now have the voting option avail. and is being utiized for this particular subject so get to voting and if you want the new fishery nows the time before the permit gets moved.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo