Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) JANUARY FISH IN (Read 6648 times)
bassparagus
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

I'm the reason why fish
don't sleep.

JANUARY FISH IN
12/24/10 at 05:40:15
Quote Print Post  
**** JANUARY FISH-IN **** 

Lake Sammamish JANUARY 15th 2011 

Breakfast will be at 6:30 AM at Denny's in Issaquah. 

Meet at the State Park launch at 8:00 AM. 

Directions: To Denny’s - 720 GILMAN BLVD., ISSAQUAH, WA 98027   (425) 392-6025    
From I-405 take I-90 east to Spokane. Take exit #15 (900 west) to Lake Sammamish park. End of exit take a right.   
At next signal (Gilman) turn left Denny's is on the left between 1st and 2nd signals.

IP Logged

bassparagus
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

I'm the reason why fish
don't sleep.

Re: JANUARY FISH IN
Reply #1 - 12/24/10 at 06:01:08
Quote Print Post  
Take exit 15 north 1/4 mile to SE 56th street then east 1/2 mile to a left turn to the State Park launch area (fee).

IP Logged

bassparagus
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

I'm the reason why fish
don't sleep.

Reply #2 - 12/29/10 at 00:55:25
Quote Print Post  
Lets get a roll call goin so I can find out who all is going to be there. Let's go catch some ice cold smallies! Remember to bring your fizzers, if you dont have one, I have a few spares to loan out. Cool

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #3 - 12/29/10 at 05:22:57
Quote Print Post  
I should be there...barring winds and snow....otherwise.....need a chili dog fix!!

IP Logged

Jeff_I
Forum Member

Gorilla Hookset

Reply #4 - 12/29/10 at 20:22:06
Quote Print Post  
I plan on coming now that my home remodel is mostly done.  I'll need an open back seat.  Any volunteer's?

Jeff Iacchei

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #5 - 12/30/10 at 01:50:05
Quote Print Post  
I'll be there, not going to volunteer or be drafted.  Grin Will put a red line across my boat!  Wink

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #6 - 12/30/10 at 04:04:04
Quote Print Post  
I've been around the lake this last month and there is debris galore including 40' trees with rootballs so use due caution!!!!
Also there is some construction at the launch itself...we will have to see.

IP Logged

bassparagus
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

I'm the reason why fish
don't sleep.

Reply #7 - 12/31/10 at 01:35:13
Quote Print Post  
Jeff_I wrote on 12/29/10 at 20:22:06:
I plan on coming now that my home remodel is mostly done.  I'll need an open back seat.  Any volunteer's?

Jeff Iacchei

Jeff,  if you were a bass, I would have plenty of room for you, and your four biggest friends in my livewell. Since your not, I' ll see if Rodney, or Larry has a free back seat. My backseat is taken.

IP Logged

Mark B
WBC Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #8 - 12/31/10 at 05:24:14
Quote Print Post  
I will be there.  Like Larry said, lots of debris and contruction at the boat ramp.  Looks like they are rebuilding the ramp docks.  Will be the floating walkway and dock to keep it accessible during heavy rain.  We should check as it gets closer.  I can will do a drive by on the 7th.

Mark

IP Logged

bassparagus
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

I'm the reason why fish
don't sleep.

Reply #9 - 01/09/11 at 17:45:56
Quote Print Post  
This notice is to inform the fish in participants that the location has been changed to Lake Washington at the East Mercer launch. I drove by the Sammamish launch on friday the 7th, to see it is still under heavy construction. All of the docks are way under water, and there is still alot of debris in the water from recent heavy rain.  Please see last months fish in post for directions, and time of breakfast and launch. This months fish in will be at the same time and place. (6:30am breakfast at Denny's, and launch at 8:00am)                   

Thanks,  Dan Caffrey

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #10 - 01/15/11 at 02:13:37
Quote Print Post  
I am gonna have to back out folks....went to get the boat hooked up and found one of the trolling batteries had detonated inside the compartment.....gonna be cleaning up battery acid and checking contact points after buying two new trolling batteries tommorrow. Tongue
Good Luck Ya'll!

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 01/16/11 at 02:50:19
Quote Print Post  
well how'd it go out there?  I headed to sammamish instead to do some scouting before febuary.  Almost came over for a chili dog though!

Troy

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #12 - 01/16/11 at 05:27:40
Quote Print Post  
All 3 boats caught bass, 9 total, drop shot and football jigs with hula grubs was the key.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 01/16/11 at 17:00:11
Quote Print Post  
Awesome!  You could'nt ask for better conditions for most of the morning either. 

troy

IP Logged

bassparagus
WBC Member
WBC Board Member

I'm the reason why fish
don't sleep.

Reply #14 - 01/16/11 at 23:01:08
Quote Print Post  
The official january fish in report is in. There were only Three boats but seven members showed up to participate.  All three boats caught fish, and the weather was pretty awesome for January.  Nine total Fish were caught. Seven were in the 40-45 ft depth range including the "big fish" caught by yours truly. The other two came from the 50-55ft range and were the ones caught by Jeff I. Heres how they were caught. The wacky 4" senko drop shot rig for Jeff yielded 2 smallies, one weighing 2.0 and the other at 3.4.  Jose, Earnest, and Mark caught thiers all off of hula grubs, and thier big one was caught by Earnest weighing in at 3lbs even. I caught my 2 smallies weighing 4.4 and 4.7lbs  with a nose hooked 3" reaper on a 1/2 oz drop shot. Thank you everyone for participating, we all had a great time and I will see you at the fish in next month at Sammamish if the construction is done.

Dan Caffrey

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo