Normal Topic What lures would u take to TX? (Read 2715 times)
trucknmusic
Ex Member

What lures would u take to TX?
01/29/10 at 02:01:32
Quote Print Post  
Mving in April back to TX and looking forward to trying some of the lures/techniques I learned up here down there.  I will already be taking back a supply of sniper snubs, and 176 grubs that I think will work well there too.  I will also be trying the rev rig on some lakes.  But is there anything else I should be sure to take back w/ me?

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Re: What lures would u take to TX?
Reply #1 - 01/29/10 at 06:17:25
Quote Print Post  
Tubes and senkos work great there especially the salt and pepper tubes

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #2 - 01/30/10 at 00:22:35
Quote Print Post  
That's an easy one,  I'D TAKE THE LURES THAT CATCH FISH IN TEXAS AND LEAVE EVERYTHING ELSE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grin

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

trucknmusic
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/30/10 at 08:16:56
Quote Print Post  
Thanks... To clarify I am more familiar w/ TX fishing the WA fishing and know what is popular down there... senkos etc.  But I was looking more for info about the WA specific baits, that I should buy up here bc I might not here about them again down there.

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #4 - 01/30/10 at 16:08:53
Quote Print Post  
Jon, the new Segmented Panic Minnow, dropshot/dropswim, I have seen it at the fresh water tank at the show, don't take any of those to Texas.  Wink  Don't get to hung up on the baits, fish the techiques you have learned here with the baits you have confidence in. As you stated you know what is popular down there, if in you show the fish something different that may result in a good day. Remain active on our site and the other Washington fishing web sites for info on lures and techniques to stay current.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 01/30/10 at 19:59:51
Quote Print Post  
The panic minnows I saw in the demo tank (2 inchers) I wouldn't want to take down to TX.  I'd take something a little bigger myself  Tongue  For WA waters, the panic minnows look great.  John, do you got any big worms, and definetly keep all your swimbaits.

IP Logged

trucknmusic
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 01/31/10 at 03:07:16
Quote Print Post  
Yea I got the 10 in worms that I really haven't been throwin much up here... but will get wet again soon.

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 02/02/10 at 05:43:31
Quote Print Post  
My suggestion: Try not to think like a Texan - take everything you learned in Washington with you.  In my opinion, that puts you ahead of a Texas fishing culture that thinks only within it's regional experiences.   The worst thing you can do is let someone down there tell you "That won't work here."  For example, there are sections of our country that are just now starting to adopt the "dropshot" presentation, which we on the West Coast have been using out here for years.  

I agree with Rodney - thinking "outside the (Texan) box" promises to give you an edge.  I remember when the Don and Ron twins came here and fished Silver Lake for the first time.  They picked all the wrong spots, and used all the wrong lures, and... well, you guessed it - they kicked our butts.  

Hey, if 2" worms work here, what makes us think we have to trade that in for 12" snakes just because Texans like everything big.  I like a big meal too, but I tend to snack all day long.

IN short:  take it ALL with you!  (You were going to anyway, weren't you?) Wink

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #8 - 02/03/10 at 03:01:31
Quote Print Post  
Yep, just make sure your bag is full of lures, so full that you will have to leave behind the one thing ya won't need in Texas and I'll make sure its put to good use....  Wink  Them Texas bass won't bite if you are wearin that insulated Guide Wear.  Wink  Got to be too hot down there for them.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

trucknmusic
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 02/03/10 at 04:34:22
Quote Print Post  
There's a couple of days I'm sure I can use it but thanks for the offer Rodney   Grin

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo