Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) February Fish-In (Read 7629 times)
The Weedwalker
WBC Member

Here fishy, fishy..........

Re: February Fish-In
Reply #15 - 02/06/10 at 07:34:10
Quote Print Post  
as my boat is still work in progress, i'll be looking for someone willing to take me on as a back seater. been able to locate fish here and there this time of the year in the past so,  see you at breakfast!!...... Tongue

Brian Walker (The Weedwalker)

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 02/07/10 at 02:16:28
Quote Print Post  
How did the fish in go?

Mark

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #17 - 02/07/10 at 02:25:11
Quote Print Post  
It was a great day,  Smiley , 14 people in attendance. 13 smallmouth, 2 trout, 1 perch where caught today. The following caught their first winter smallmouth: Darryl Marshal with a 2.2 lb and myself with a 1.2 lber. Detailed report to be in this months News Letter.

Darryl Marshal with his first ever Lake Washington smallmouth and first winter fish

My first winter smallmouth
« Last Edit: 02/07/10 at 04:18:27 by Rodney H »  

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

trucknmusic
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 02/07/10 at 04:58:08
Quote Print Post  
We blanked... and I blame u Maderos!  Since I was fishing your spots and techniques... lol.  Congrats to those who figured them out.  I was surprised the biggest was only 2.2 - I want my 5#.

Chuck - if you read this, mind sharing how deep and on what baits yall caught the rev rig fish on?  We rev rigged like crazy w/out a bite.

Still was great weather, and good company - Just hope nothing is seriously wrong w/ the boat John. 

- Jon

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 02/11/10 at 05:32:51
Quote Print Post  
Lauren (the U of W student) and I fished all morning for squaw fish and blanked!  Can you believe that?  When I don't want squaws I can't shake them off.  About an hour before we were done, Lauren happened to mention that she had been out fishing three times and never caught a fish.  So I decided to take her to one of my secret holes and within an hour she had 4 bass, two 2 1/2 pounders, and two 3 1/2 pounders.  She was tickled!  I had gotten one earlier in the morning so we got five total.  

The depth was 40 feet for the first fish, (at the I-90 bridge)  and 57 feet for Lauren's four fish (located at the...oops almost gave that one away!)  The magic color was a rainbow trout colored jointed minnow.  (Rapala)  The shad color (Black back,  silver sides) didn;t even get a hit.

One thing is for sure, it was a beautiful day!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo