Normal Topic Ouch!!! (Read 1712 times)
Larry S.
Board Moderator

Ouch!!!
01/16/10 at 18:25:31
Quote Print Post  
Found this on Bassresource....a reminder to all how volitile our machines can be....notice that the outboard is in the seating area...
http://www.susquehanna5.com/fullstory.php?97463

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Re: Ouch!!!
Reply #1 - 01/17/10 at 02:20:22
Quote Print Post  
How could it have ended up where it did and not hit the rear pedistall seat?  Looks like bolts on the jack plate may have failed.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

bassboattech
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/17/10 at 08:13:56
Quote Print Post  
If you look close its a electro-hydrolic jack plate and it looks like the top nut or clevis on the rod failed, i always recommend close inspection of all major components of your boat (checking jack plate bolts,motor bolts ect as part of routine maint.  this could have gone really really bad.

IP Logged

bassboattech
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/17/10 at 08:55:16
Quote Print Post  
If you have one of these jackplates by bobs there a fix on them for reinforcing the upper rod retainer bolt                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          found this  info :            I called Bob's Machine Shop and spoke with a tech there by the name of Robert and he informed me that there is retro fit kit that has been in production for pre 2007 models, basically its a stop that prevents it from dropping to much, therefore there is NO RECALL!  Call the tech line and ask if your model jack plate is eligible for the retro fit kit, be prepared with the serial number.

(813) 247-7040

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #4 - 01/17/10 at 18:49:19
Quote Print Post  
I did some more follow-up and found the shop that installed the jackplate installed it with Brass hardware and all the hardware stripped out....the Backseater ended up losing a leg below the knee and both are still hospitalized.

IP Logged

Ernest
WBC Member

Reply #5 - 01/17/10 at 22:45:49
Quote Print Post  
Larry,

Do you know how the accident occurred? Other then the jack plate, I don't see a lot of visual damage to the haul.

Ernest

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo