Normal Topic Sunglasses (Read 2392 times)
Ernest
WBC Member

Sunglasses
12/21/09 at 19:23:20
Quote Print Post  
WBC,

I’m in the process of evaluating what type of prescription sunglasses or sport sunglasses to purchase. I would like to purchase a pair for sight fishing and other fishing (weather related) conditions. Can you provide suggestions?

P.S. I have a few days off during Christmas break, if anyone is going fishing with an available backseat I would like to go with you.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Smiley

Ernest

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Re: Sunglasses
Reply #1 - 12/21/09 at 20:34:50
Quote Print Post  
It's hard to beat Costa Del Mar's with Vermilion lenses.  I prefer the Intimidator model that closes out all light and glare from the sides.  It also works very well with bi-focal persriptions.

Smitty Wink

AKA Dune Hopper

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Henry_Dover
WBC Member

Reply #2 - 12/22/09 at 00:33:30
Quote Print Post  
Ernest Marry Christmas back at ya.

I have awful eyesight and need prescription sun glasses, I have a couple of different pairs my favorite - Ray ban’s with gray lenses but I also have some called Liberty Sport with brown. The best advise I can give you is go to a place that will let you take there polarized sample lenses outside and make sure you go on a sunny day. I bought into the whole sunny cloudy different color lenses thing NOT TRUE. Get whatever makes your eyes comfortable I’m sure if I would have bought darker lenses the Liberty Sport ones would be as good as the Ray ban’s and they are vary inexpensive at Wal-Mart.

Sponsors: &&Denali Custom Fishing Rods&&Matzuo America &&Do-It Molds&&Optimum Swimbaits&&Reins Tungsten&&Boat Bling&&Blackwater International 'Toray'&&Anglers Marine
IP Logged

trucknmusic
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/22/09 at 09:27:37
Quote Print Post  
I'd check w/ your insurance and see if you can get it covered at least part way.  I got mine that way so I was limited to the selection at the eye doctors but I like the ones I got.

IP Logged

Daryl
Forum Member

Reply #4 - 12/22/09 at 14:22:40
Quote Print Post  
If you are just looking for reader and not distance, ONO has sunglasses for us who cannot hit the hole. Also, I was told by my eye doctor that the wrap around sunglass cannot be used for prescription sunglasses because it distorts the prescription??? I really have know idea, just passing it along.

I also need to get a pair.

Daryl

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 12/23/09 at 15:48:55
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for the visual, Daryl.  Your subtle approach is always appreciated. 

Just a vote for Henry's post.

IP Logged

Flippin Technician
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 12/23/09 at 17:15:19
Quote Print Post  
I do not know about the prescription end of that deal as I am lucky enough to have good vision still. But as far as sport glasses go I use Natives. They are super light weight and have excellent polarization. They come with two sets of lenses, a dark set, and a set for low light. The lenses are easy to change and I can change them out in less than a minute. I turned Russel Baker on to them after I got mine and he uses them too. I have them on in the picture I have here for my profile. They have been key in sight fishing for me.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo