Normal Topic camping at tourney's (Read 2052 times)
brokentrail
Forum Member

I fish because the voices
in my head tell me to!

camping at tourney's
12/17/09 at 14:30:39
Quote Print Post  
As I am thinking about next year and getting some vacation days in for approval, I have a question for those of you that have been around the tournaments a lot more than I have.  For those that choose to camp, in a tent, what do they do for plugins to keep their batteries charged?

I am hoping to schedule some vacation and make a few more of our tournaments next year than I was able to make this year.

Cheers!&&&&Andy
IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Re: camping at tourney's
Reply #1 - 12/17/09 at 15:45:32
Quote Print Post  
Tent site with Electricity, or RV site.

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #2 - 12/18/09 at 02:26:03
Quote Print Post  
As Chris said.  Given lots of camp sites aren't designed for bass anglers items that pay to have with you include 30 amp to 20 amp adapter, multi-plug adapter/power strip, several hundred or more feet of power cord of heavy gauge. A small generator may be used. Another option I've seen used is: http://www.stayncharge.com/

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

brokentrail
Forum Member

in my head tell me to!

Reply #3 - 12/18/09 at 03:18:51
Quote Print Post  
Thanks guys...  I just assumed most tent sites didn't have electricity, maybe I shouldn't assume Wink Thanks for the power bag of tricks too Rodney!

Cheers!&&&&Andy
IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #4 - 12/18/09 at 05:07:40
Quote Print Post  
We try to make arrangements with campgrounds that have electricity in all the sites or at least a majority and if you are tenting most have power within 100 ft or so, so maybe looking at extension cord systems.....rain fly systems, extra tent poles since we do get windy once in a while.... Wink

IP Logged

brokentrail
Forum Member

in my head tell me to!

Reply #5 - 12/18/09 at 17:18:49
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Larry!  I've got the extension cord systems but may need to get some of the adapters that Rodney suggested.  Sounds like most of the campsites we use during tourneys have power so I'm covered.  Now to start scheduling vacation! Smiley

Cheers!&&&&Andy
IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo