Normal Topic Chance to help some vets... (Read 1607 times)
The_Rev.
Ex Member

Chance to help some vets...
11/20/09 at 23:58:32
Quote Print Post  
I have mentioned before that Chad Battles is a veteran and a wheelchair bound fisherman whose passion is helping other wounded veterans learn to fish.  He recently sent me this letter...

Hi Everyone,

I am in need of fishing equipment to give to Wounded Warriors during local fishing events and everyday fishing. Everything from rods to reels to lines to spinnerbaits is needed. If anyone knows of people or organizations donating fishing equipment to Wounded Warriors please let me know.

Chad Battles

With Christmas coming, I though some of you might like to dig out those under-utilized rods, reels, and lures that are stacked in your garage and pass a few of them on to some of our veterans. (You won't get much from them anyway on eBay) Besides, it's gonna feel a whole lot better knowing you are giving a worthy group of heros a chance to enjoy the sport we love.

Here's Chad's mailing address:

American Anglers
Chad Battles
3251 Wall Blvd.
Apt. #2304
Gretna, LA 70056

Thinking about it accomplishes nothing, but taking this weekend to do a good deed will.  (Hey, it may even get you off Santa's "naughty" list and back on his "nice" list.  Wink) Here's to enabling our Wounded Warriors to enjoy the great outdoors that we take so much for granted. Cheers!

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Re: Chance to help some vets...
Reply #1 - 11/21/09 at 00:53:49
Quote Print Post  
Great idea REv,

I'll work on that this weekend.

Something else to think about - Instead of having all that raffle stuff for our banquet that so many of us dont need- why not use the money we spend on that stuff to sponsor a family or two who are less fortunate for Christmas.

Russ

IP Logged

Castman
WBC Member

Reply #2 - 11/29/09 at 23:12:16
Quote Print Post  
Rev,

I've got a guy in California that wants to donate a few dozen rods and reels plus tackle to CAST.  I told him thank you but that they were not the kind that would work for our kids.  I said I would see if there were any other groups that could use them.  Looks like this is one.  I wuill put him in touch with each other.

Thankx for making us aware of this opportunity.

Take Care

IP Logged

Daryl
Forum Member

Reply #3 - 11/30/09 at 14:34:21
Quote Print Post  
Has anyone watched the Veteran's Hunting Show? They work with a program that is called "Hunts for Heroes", they also fish. I wrote a email to the guy who runs it and donated a weekend of Bass fishing to their program. I figured there are alot of heroes located right here in Washington since Ft. Lewis and McCord AFB is right down the street. I just did it last week and have not heard a response back as of today.

I sent along a little bio, with some pictures of some events and catches. I hoping for a response soon, so I can plan a trip.

Just another way of helping local veteran's.

Daryl

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/02/09 at 00:37:25
Quote Print Post  
You guys are great!  I know you don't do it for the praise - but thanks anyway.  I love this club.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo