Normal Topic In-Depth Fishing Lessons (Read 2592 times)
The_Rev.
Ex Member

In-Depth Fishing Lessons
11/11/09 at 05:13:27
Quote Print Post  
I'm just curious; now that I have finished my first experience/article with Paul Elias- I was looking at his site that offers private one-on-one or two-on-one lessons with him.  The question I have is coming but first - read what his website offers...

About Indepth Fishing Lessons

In Depth Fishing Lessons is a one or two day class centered on structure fishing.

One on one teaching that covers map reading, gps, lures, tecniques, rods, reels, line, and most importantly maximum use of electronics.

Rods, reels, tackle provided.

The lake is 700 acres and is full of big bass. My goal is for all my students to have the knowledge and confidence to fish open lake structure upon completion of the lessons.

PRICING AS FOLLOWS:

* ONE PERSON ONE DAY - $600.00

* ONE PERSON TWO DAYS - $1,000.00

* TWO PERSONS ONE DAY - $900.00

* TWO PERSONS TWO DAYS - $1,600.00

ROOM AND MEALS INCLUDED

Lake is located approximately 30 miles south of Meridian, Ms. Flights into Meridian or Jackson Ms. Transportation provided from Meridian airport.

So now the question: (and I realize this is being asked during a recession - so let's pretend the economy is good. USE YOUR IMAGINATION!)  Would you ever consider doing this?  Being older, I've followed Paul Elias for several decades - he's one of my heroes.  But I go back and forth on this opportunity to have two full days with a classic winner...  so would you?  And if not Paul Elias, who would you want to spend two days with for that kind of money?  Just curious....

IP Logged

trucknmusic
Ex Member

Re: In-Depth Fishing Lessons
Reply #1 - 11/11/09 at 17:05:38
Quote Print Post  
I would have to have more $ than I do, but if I did I would consider it but would like it to be on a lake I would fish again - so at least you can use what you learn again and again.  If I could pick it would be KVD on LK WA now and I would like to power fish w/ him.  I would actually price that trip more expensive too.  Cool idea though.

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11/11/09 at 17:59:54
Quote Print Post  
If that price includes airfare, its a good deal IMO.  I would do the two day, as day one I'd be trying to soak up as much as I could, and day 2 I'd be concentrated on catching them more.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 11/11/09 at 19:35:08
Quote Print Post  
Thats a steal in my opinion. It would cost you more than that just to fish an FLW tourney as a backseater.

Russ

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #4 - 11/11/09 at 21:50:41
Quote Print Post  
I read his web site the other day after reading your article. I'm in the wrong profession, I'd love to be able to learn or fish with many of the pro's at what ever the cost.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

fsh4bas
Forum Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #5 - 11/14/09 at 16:48:00
Quote Print Post  
The price is great, and it covers the things that we all know a little about, but goes indepth so we understand them better.  These are all things that would be great to put to use here in the northwest.

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 12/03/09 at 18:39:15
Quote Print Post  
I really doubt that airfare is included. Just a ride from the Meridian Airport.....

I would love to fish Champlain with KVD - monster smallies from what I hear. If it was more local - then a CA lake with Skeet Reese.

If I wanted to have some fun... a moaning session with Aaron Martens - I'd take along the cheese for his wine!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo