Normal Topic New National Policy Proposal (Read 1837 times)
Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

New National Policy Proposal
10/07/09 at 03:28:31
Quote Print Post  

Action Alert

New National Policy Proposal for the Ocean and Great Lakes Ignores Recreational Fishing
Your input is needed to ensure that this national policy does not unnecessarily close saltwater and freshwater recreational fishing areas 

This past June, President Obama created the Interagency Ocean Policy Task Force.  The Task Force, led by the Chair of the Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ), was charged with developing a national policy and implementation strategy for conserving and managing the United States ocean territory and the Great Lakes.  The policy will govern ocean and Great Lakes resource management and coordinate efforts among countless federal, state and local agencies.

Without recreational angler input, decisions made under this national oceans policy could be used to unnecessarily close saltwater and freshwater recreational fishing areas.

The Task Force's Interim Report is currently under a public review and comment period.  The single most obvious flaw in the report is the omission of responsibly regulated recreational fishing as a key activity for the oceans and the Great Lakes.  In addition, as a national policy document governing the oceans and Great Lakes, the report is skewed toward a preservationist policy of locking up public waters instead of one that promotes sustainable uses such as recreational fishing.

Lets all go to this web site and get our letter sent: http://capwiz.com/keepamericafishing/issues/alert/?alertid=14119696

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Re: New National Policy Proposal
Reply #1 - 10/09/09 at 05:01:34
Quote Print Post  
Dear Mr. Heupel:

Thank you for contacting my office. I appreciate hearing from you regarding your views on the National Ocean and Great Lakes Policy.

The views of Washingtonians are very important to my work in the U.S. Senate.  Please know that I will keep your thoughts in mind and encourage you to be in touch.  Do not hesitate to contact me again to express your views on this or any other issue or if I may be of assistance.

I hope all is well in Tacoma.

Sincerely,
Patty Murray
United States Senator

********************************************************************************

Has your voice been heard?

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Wabasmstr
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 10/11/09 at 03:52:24
Quote Print Post  
Don't you just love those "Boiler Plate" return answers.  I just love how they never give you a reply or input.........

Keep us informed...

Good job...

Chuck P

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #3 - 10/14/09 at 18:13:25
Quote Print Post  
You are not alone in your concerns Rodney.  It looks like this is getting the attention of the industry.

http://fish.shimano.com/publish/content/global_fish/en/us/index/articles/feds_to...

Smitty
AKA Dune Hopper Wink

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo