Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Lake Chelan (Read 6484 times)
marktfd88
Ex Member

Re: Lake Chelan
Reply #15 - 09/21/09 at 21:04:02
Quote Print Post  
Was fishing the ABA TOC w/ Snodgrass and we had our preverbial a$$es handed to us on day 2.

Mark

IP Logged

Pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 09/21/09 at 21:50:54
Quote Print Post  
Here is a picture of the 5.04 smallie I caught on Saturday....It was sure fun having it hit on topwater.
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn186/paysenob/bobspictures123.jpg
Bob

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #17 - 09/21/09 at 22:41:33
Quote Print Post  
I had a great time except the duck incident  Roll Eyes Weather was better then I expected Day 1 cloudy & calm most the day except the high winds last hr of the Torny day 2 sunny & calm. I caught almost 30 fish each day only day one did I find any quality This was my first time on the lake but I find there is no better way to learn a lake quickly then to attend a club event The knowledge passed on at the end is worth 20 trips to a lake.Thanks for the great time guys.

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 09/21/09 at 22:59:56
Quote Print Post  
I 2nd Bassaholics post. Everyone who finished in the top ten spoke honestly of the patterns they used to catch good bags of smallies. Seems that everyone had different patterns going from top H2O baits, drop shots,senko's, to rattle traps.

Fish were caught from 2-60'. Weather was near perfect except for the last hour on Saturday with high winds.

Several of us lost good fish on both days. Me personally broke over 20lbs off on Saturday on 4 fish. My biggest estimated at 7+ spooled me and then broke off- I almost cried, surprised no one heard me yell at the top of my lungs at the end of the lake when I lost that toad. I was site fishing toads in less than 4 feet of water both days.

Brian Olson's hog of 5.58 was caught way up lake as he was the only one who travelled the farthest.

Angie and Henry had good bags on Sunday.

Troy comes from behind and takes the win.

Also Congrats to Brian Hudgens for taking Angler of the Year.

Thanks again Phil for finding my wallet.

Russ

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #19 - 09/22/09 at 03:36:03
Quote Print Post  
Wow, awesome pics, thanks for posting them.  Wish I would have gone now !  Paysno, that fish looks awesome, topwater too  Shocked 
How far north did Brian Olsen run?

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 09/22/09 at 03:54:57
Quote Print Post  
I will have to say man I miss fishing WBC events.  always a fun laid back envirnment.  For me to win so many anglers had to stummble on sunday and it just so happened that was the case.  I even told my girlfriend when we left for weigh-in that i felt i was one more good fish away from maybe just placing top three.  It was an amazing weekend with sat watching the gf catch her third smallie ever and it weighing 4.76lbs then landing that monster 5 and 1/2 near the end of the day.  Sunday was just brutal until about 10 when I stummbled onto some fish and milked them for as much as i could before them moving off my area.  topwater wapato crowd was fun too with honorable mention to the wapato master russ baker.  

troy

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #21 - 09/22/09 at 17:16:00
Quote Print Post  
April & I would have like being there, but we decided to stay home and join Mark & Daryl in getting our butts kicked at the ABA Championship on the river. Lips Sealed

Smitty Wink

AKA DuneHopper

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

biggreen
Forum Member

Flippin Out

Reply #22 - 09/23/09 at 00:32:32
Quote Print Post  
Thanks to everyone for their participation at Chelan. I had a great time myself and was severely hampered with a broken trolling motor.

Thanks everyone.

IP Logged

biggreen
Forum Member

Flippin Out

Reply #23 - 09/23/09 at 00:37:47
Quote Print Post  
I have checked with Bruce Baker concerning the Chelan club fishing last weekend.

They were fishing without a permit and the excuse is!! They had a permit for the weekend before and only two boats attended so they thought it would be ok to have their event the following weekend.

There is more to the story also and for one I am not happy about the excuses.

We can discuss this subject in a members only forum because this public page is not the place.

Phil Hudgens
T.D.
V.P.

IP Logged

Flippin Technician
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 09/23/09 at 06:09:17
Quote Print Post  
Great fish in those pics. Thanks for sharing. Russ I hope you save that in your memory bank for the Scholorship in a couple of weeks. We need 6 just like those!

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 09/23/09 at 23:46:55
Quote Print Post  
6 of those would DQ us dude!!!!!!!!!

Russ

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo