Normal Topic Be my fishing friend request? (Read 2052 times)
The_Rev.
Ex Member

Be my fishing friend request?
09/08/09 at 17:30:29
Quote Print Post  
OK, someone tell me what this means.  Someone in the club suggested I check out the fishing site WASHINGTON FISHING, so I did - having to 'sign up' of course in order to do so.  Then immediately I start getting these emails... for example:

PigPuller has added you as a friend on Washington Fishing

To accept this friend request, visit:
blah, blah, blah...

Someone who uses the site tell me - do I want to accept an invitation from a guy named "Pigpuller"?  And what does it mean to accept his request to be his "friend"?  Am I committing to anything? Is this a good thing?   Undecided

(Lord, after re-reading this post, I realize I have just opened the door for some ridiculous or corny replies from a group of boys and girls that have no built-in 'filter system" - so what pops into their brains is going pop onto these pages.  Forgive them... they're fishermen!  And forgive me... cause I'm about to actually push the enter button.)

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Re: Be my fishing friend request?
Reply #1 - 09/08/09 at 18:22:48
Quote Print Post  
Cheesy too many jokes cant respond overload overload  Shocked

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #2 - 09/08/09 at 23:58:25
Quote Print Post  
Hint, I have only accepted friend requests on this web site from fellow WBC members.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/09/09 at 03:07:48
Quote Print Post  
Rev,
  This site started out great.  Lots of good questions and good info was being shared.  However, lately the site has really digressed.  Most post start out with a legitimet question and it quickly turns into who's gay, who sucks, etc etc....  I would not become "friends" with anyone on the site unless you know them personally.  Just my .02 cents

Mark

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #4 - 09/09/09 at 03:27:14
Quote Print Post  
That is Good advice Mark !!

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #5 - 09/09/09 at 12:05:44
Quote Print Post  
Come on REV,
  Don't you already have enough "friends"?  Has it gotten so bad you need to "search the web" for friends?  P.S., if you're that desperate, I'll be your friend!!!! Grin

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 09/12/09 at 05:10:47
Quote Print Post  
Good advice - thanks guys!

Come on Ex-pres, you know I'm easy, but I'm not desperate!  Wink

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo