Normal Topic Sammamish Qualifiers? (Read 2736 times)
Larry S.
Board Moderator

Sammamish Qualifiers?
08/24/09 at 04:42:53
Quote Print Post  
Anyone see how our folks..(Maderos...Barr...Hastings...others?...) did on Sammamish?? was gonna call Mark but got busy.

IP Logged

Daryl
Forum Member

Re: Sammamish Qualifiers?
Reply #1 - 08/24/09 at 15:12:49
Quote Print Post  
Steve Hasting qualified for the State team for the second year in a row. He had 2 good days this weekend. I believe he finish 1st on Sat and 2nd on Sunday for the Non-boaters.

Mark, half the field and I all had a tough time on Sat. Mark had a 12lbs bag on Sunday and finished I think in 3rd place.

It was a very tough bite because of the different fronts moving through. Some guys figured out the bite and did well. Jeremy Percifeild had a 16lbs bag on Sat and a 19lbs bag on Sunday. He had a 5lb and a 6lb Largemouth on Sunday. Jeremy took Angler of the Year for the BASS federation.

Daryl

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/24/09 at 15:13:05
Quote Print Post  
Fishing for smallies was really tough both days.  The storm that pushed thru on Friday left us with partly cloudy skies and a dreaded north wind.
Day 1 was won by Tony Lind with 16.3 lbs of all smallies, 2nd was Jeremy Purcyfield with 16.1 mixed bag of largies and smallies.
 I had one largie for 2.66 lbs,  Steve Hastings had a good day with 10lbs

Day 2 was won by Jeremy P with 19lbs.  He had two giant largies one at 6.3 and 5.5.  I came in 3rd with 12.31, a mixed bag with a big largie and a big smallie.  Steve H had another decent day and MADE the state team as the number one non boater.  He had a great series and deserves to represent us.  Great job Steve.  I just missed making the team.  Had I had a better day on Sammish the first day, I would have easily made the team.

Mark

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #3 - 08/25/09 at 03:08:29
Quote Print Post  
Great to hear about Steve!! not so great for you two Markie and Daryl......it sucked seeing that north wind!! a sure sign that fall approaches! Tongue

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #4 - 08/25/09 at 17:14:18
Quote Print Post  
Well I went to Sam yesterday my first time in 2yrs & now I know why I have not been back for so long.Only fished that lake 3 times First time was awesome caught a boat load of LM & SM seconded time was good third time was 1 fish  Shocked I only had the little boat in those days. Yesterday was 1SM & 1 Perch I could not even get the dinks to bite
Salmon were all over the lake. I fished spots were I had caught in the past I put the cam down & I could not believe how many SM I was seeing in the 18-22ft range Suspending about 3ft of the bottom. I put every lure I could on them but they would not bite & I know these are feeding areas because I have caught there before. I even trolled cranks around. Its one thing to catch dinks all day & not figure out the big fish but to not even get those was weird.

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 08/25/09 at 19:31:08
Quote Print Post  
Right on the mark John.  I was seeing arches all tourney long, knowing that these were smallies just NOT eating.  There was only one bag of all smallies that was good for the two days.  Tony Lind boated 16.3 on day one of all 3lb smallies.  Day 2 he only managed 11lbs and I not sure if it was all smallies.  I went total finesse with 6lb line, and a 2 to 3ft leader to get the bait up off the bottom.  Managed a total of 5 smallies the 2nd day with 3 of them being keepers.

Mark

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo