Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Conflict Resolution (Read 3180 times)
biggreen
Forum Member

Flippin Out

Conflict Resolution
07/14/09 at 02:00:32
Quote Print Post  
Hey everyone I need some opinions and I'm sure I will get them. Shocked

We have three tournament conflicts for next year.

1. Moses in May

2. Banks in August

3. Potholes in September

I have been contacted and asked to move Banks and share a permit. This would have us fishing the same weekend with an open. Valley Marine Open I believe. I don't want to make that switch myself. Additionaly our secondary choice was Tri Cities. There were so many conflicts with Banks in August two clubs have already switched from Banks to Tri Cities. This would prevent us from moving to our second choice. So, what  doe's the membership want me to do?

Moses. I want to do everything I can to keep Moses, However our second choice was Potholes and from the Journal By Water published by Dept of Fisheries Potholes would be available. Dang What a delimma. This is a win win situation the way I see it.

Let me Know what your thinking please. I want to make the attempt to get our primary choice when I attend the conflict resolution meeting in August.

Potholes in September. This one cracks me up. We must like this pond because it was our primary and secondary choice. Don't ask me I didn't count the votes.

I have reviewed the different venues and clubs and the only common club we have conflicts with is the Potholes Club and they only fish one day events. I have already been contacted concerning Banks Lake in August and will let him know we are discussing our options.

Dinner is getting COLD   Roll Eyes

Phil Hudgens
T.D.
V.P.

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Re: Conflict Resolution
Reply #1 - 07/14/09 at 02:22:54
Quote Print Post  
MHO is either Moses or Potholes for May would be awesome, both are top notch fishing.
Switch from Banks in August to Washington.  We never fish the big pond when the fishing is actually good there.  Washington rocks in the summer.  Less travel, less gas money and GOOD fishing.
September would be a good time to go to Banks.  Less crowds and great fishing still at that time of the year.

Mark

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/14/09 at 02:40:51
Quote Print Post  
I 2nd what Mark says. Banks in September is awesome, Potholes in May is the best. And Lake Wa in mid summer yeah no long drives and I can sleep in my own bed now that would be a change.

I couldn't believe we as a club picked all venues to the east again when we have so much good water in our own backyard Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Russ

IP Logged

Angie
Forum Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #3 - 07/14/09 at 02:49:18
Quote Print Post  
Some thoughts and Options   Cool

A lot of members fish the Spokane Valley tourney so if we have our club tourney the same weekend we may get very low turnout.  Huh

Change August to the Lower Columbia.

Potholes in September – don’t ask me, we just counted the votes.  Grin

During the club meeting we could tally what the 3rd choice was for August and see what we come up with.  

IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/14/09 at 03:21:08
Quote Print Post  
my .02$

potholes in may even though i hate it.   moses will be beaten to death by nixons open fisherman that whole month.

lake wa in august just be careful about seafair.  i know the launches are a nightmare...

moses in sept.  since we changed it from may.  dont know how the fishing is there then but it cant be too bad right???

troy

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/14/09 at 14:38:25
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
potholes in may even though i hate it.   moses will be beaten to death by nixons open fisherman that whole month.

moses in sept.  since we changed it from may.  dont know how the fishing is there then but it cant be too bad right???

troy

Moses has been beaten to death the last 2 years in May and it didn't seem to matter  Grin

I agree, we fished Moses in September 4 yrs ago I believe and it wasn't bad at all !

IP Logged

Pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 07/14/09 at 19:39:48
Quote Print Post  
I think what Mark proposes makes sense.... I do however have a few modifications  (see below)

April- Silver (no change)
May- Potholes....no conflict...no brainer!
Jun-  Banks (no change)
July- Roosevelt (no change)
Aug- Lake Washington...nice idea...change of pace and saves $
Sept-Banks....great fishing this time of year and we would most likely have this body of water all to ourselves.....largemouth guys- remember, you can catch 5 largies....excellent!   If we stay with Potholes remember that the water level will be about the lowest of the year which makes it fish much smaller especially with Potholes bass club being there....but hey, I don't care, I can roll with either one.

Oct- Washington  ( no change)  However if we change our August tourney to Lake WA I would suggest we consider fishing one day on Lake Sammamish and the second day on Lake Washington to mix things up a little....just an idea.  Will our permit allow us to do that?

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 07/14/09 at 22:47:48
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
Northwest Bass Championship Sept 12-13 at Banks

These are conflicts for 2010 tournaments   Kiss

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #8 - 07/15/09 at 00:38:03
Quote Print Post  
I'll put a 3rd to what Mark says.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

biggreen
Forum Member

Flippin Out

Reply #9 - 07/16/09 at 01:06:58
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for all the input Ladies and Gents. Makes my job easier. There have been fewer applications for permits therefore fefwer conflicts this year. Speculation is clubs either forgot to apply prior to July 1st or just waiting till the dust clears and pickings whats available.

Based on this ASSumption I will get on the phone tomorrow and lock up Potholes for May.

Banks Lake is open in September from the report I have. I believe I can make that happen also if thats the choice we want to make.

That leaves August. Lets try and attend the meeting tomorrow night and discuss August.

Thanks again everyone.

Oh yeah. The , "Journal By Water" report is typically posted on  DFW web site. The list will included every permit application for next year. I haven't personally checked.

IP Logged

biggreen
Forum Member

Flippin Out

Reply #10 - 07/16/09 at 01:10:23
Quote Print Post  
I had planned on fishing Chelan tomorrow and then head to Banks I was ready to pack and leave when my wife reminded me about the meeting.

Angie was right I couldn't leave DARNIT!!!!!!

I will bring a copy of the Jouranl to the meeting.

IP Logged

biggreen
Forum Member

Flippin Out

Reply #11 - 07/16/09 at 01:23:53
Quote Print Post  
Sorry Mr. Paysno. Cry Great idea though. An organization is limited to 7 permits per year and this would require us to apply for 2 permits. one per lake and put us 1 over the limit... I like the thought though  Wink

IP Logged

Pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 07/16/09 at 01:58:35
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for all your work on this issue Phil...it will all work out in the end.

Bob

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo