Normal Topic Why a Bass Club? (Read 1916 times)
BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Why a Bass Club?
07/03/09 at 17:40:54
Quote Print Post  
So I took a friend out on Lake WA yesterday water was rough & fishing was not as good as I like but i managed 12-14lb bag but I digress (See the reports section for details) He ask me a question Why did I join a bass club? I did not even have to think about it for 1 second To improve my skills was my first response but then on reflection I realized all the other things I have gained
#1 I have improved my fishing 10 fold with this club.Just the few times I have back seated with people have been very informative & If you are a non boater most of the club members are more then happy to take you out for the small donation of gas $$ Do you know what guides charge!
#2 The guest speakers we get at or monthly meetings are amazing the information they provide can not compare to any TV show or magazine. The swag helps too Wink
#3 The discounts we get on gear because of the network we have & the yearly  swap meet
$$ I have saved is far more then my yearly membership.
#4 The chance to hang out with other warped um I mean like minded people.
Yes you have to put up with some stuff like the  wining about lake selection Larry's jokes Phil's miscalibrated scale ( I know my fish weighted more then that) or the crazy boat driving by insert name here
All in all this club has been lot of fun & I can see no reason to not be part of the madness.

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Re: Why a Bass Club?
Reply #1 - 07/04/09 at 06:16:26
Quote Print Post  
Don't forget add these club membership advantages to your list:

5)  A chance to test your fishing skills in a variety of competitive but friendly tournaments, that end with an educational review of the winning patterns.  (Most tournaments never diverge that information - but an educational club like ours does.)

6)  We also highly emphasize the "family" in our club - whether that's brothers and sisters, relatives, couples, parents and children, etc...  And if you don't fit into any of those categories - the "club" eagerly becomes a form of family.  (And amazingly; a family whose long history -since 1938 - proves that we care for, support, and rally around members in need.)

7) We provide organized opportunities to serve the greater community as well promote fishing in general.  (Fishing Kids Program, C.A.S.T. for Kids, etc..)  Rarely does an individual or lone fisherman have access to the schedules, information, and motivation on their own, but as a part of a fishing family we're inspired by other members to make a difference in the lives of others.

I toast your list, humbly add my three to it, and challenge the rest of you out there to add to the list or comment on what's been said so far...  do I hear a number 8)  ?

Maybe we can put put together enough CONTENT to create a new page: WHY JOIN A BASS CLUB?

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #2 - 07/04/09 at 16:33:36
Quote Print Post  
8) Monthly fish-ins to introduce new and potential new members to bass fishing.  Non-boaters are encouraged to participate as no one stays on shore. The fish-ins held at many of the smaller local lakes that never make the club tournament roster.  Ending the days activity with an educational review of the catching patterns and locations followed by a good shore lunch.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

brokentrail
Forum Member

I fish because the voices
in my head tell me to!

Reply #3 - 07/04/09 at 19:08:31
Quote Print Post  
I can tell you that Rev's #6 is exactly why I joined this club versus any of the other bass clubs in our area.  Family oriented is a huge deal for me with 3 boys and all you guys have been wonderful about the kids thus far....Now if I can just get the time to get back out on the water  Cry

I couldn't think of a #9 as the first 8 just about cover it....

Andy

Cheers!&&&&Andy
IP Logged

Rob M.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/05/09 at 16:59:50
Quote Print Post  
I can add one. It kind of fits in with #4 but it needs its own number.....

#9 The friendships made with members of the club.       

I have met several of my best buds fishing with the club. These friendships go beyond fishing and into our everyday life. We have helped each other move, helped through tough times, Gone hunting together, been roommates and even attended weddings and funerals. I have had guys offer to drive trailer spares half way back from Potholes cause I didn't have one. We had a member offer to drive back from Potholes and grab someone else's boat cause their truck broke down.....

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #5 - 07/14/09 at 17:45:22
Quote Print Post  
Don't forget the opportunity to see me add a NEW DUNE to my already impressive list of "Discoveries"! Roll Eyes

Smitty
AKA Dune Hopper

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 07/15/09 at 00:38:33
Quote Print Post  
Smitty - laughter has got to be one of the greatest by-products of being a part of WBC!  And I want to thank you for doing more than your fair share of contributing to the funny factor!!!  Dune-hopper, you're a hoot!

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 07/16/09 at 14:46:49
Quote Print Post  
This is a GREAT post, thanks for adding it. 

For me and my family, the club is like a dependable old dog, comforting, always there and ready with a smile or a gentle nudge or just to sit quitely with you without judgement as a good friend.  Watch for those old dog farts, though..................

IP Logged

biggreen
Forum Member

Flippin Out

Reply #8 - 07/16/09 at 15:54:46
Quote Print Post  
Incredible post everyone. I think I'm gonna cry. Cry Cry   

NOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTT!!! Kiss

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo