Normal Topic New PB! (Read 2364 times)
trucknmusic
Ex Member

New PB!
07/01/09 at 18:00:10
Quote Print Post  
Was fishing a little lake in snohomish on Sunday and I caught an 8.02 # largie on a spro frog.  I was fishing the frog in some pads (and caught a couple) then I came too a stretch where the pads met some milfoil and all of the sudden I see a huge wake coming and then an explosion.  After fighting it through the pads for a while (thanks for 65# braid) I had to land it by hand bc it would not fit in the net - a good bad problem I guess.  Then weighed it on the Xtools and sure enough it was an 8 pounder - 1 # bigger than my previous best.  Never would of thought I would get a new PB here in WA (and not TX), much less on a topwater and during the summer - wow.  I even had to take a break after that to regain composure... thats why I fish right there!  It was awesome!

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Re: New PB!
Reply #1 - 07/01/09 at 18:37:05
Quote Print Post  
Awesome Jon.  Post a pic, we wanna see.  Congrats !

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #2 - 07/01/09 at 20:11:49
Quote Print Post  
Sweet now dont tell me you have no picture  Cry

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/01/09 at 22:25:06
Quote Print Post  
excellent work John, way to go!!!!

Mark

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #4 - 07/02/09 at 03:12:17
Quote Print Post  
Nice job John, I got an extra bigger net for your next PB.  Way to go!!!!

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

trucknmusic
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/02/09 at 07:30:04
Quote Print Post  
I do have a pic but I was alone on the boat so it is just the portion of the fish I could fit into the screen while it was hanging from the scale - doesn't really do it justice.  Plus my comp is old and finicky - don't think it will let me upload anything.  I'll have the camera at the next fish-in I'm at though.

IP Logged

fsh4bas
Forum Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #6 - 07/02/09 at 12:19:56
Quote Print Post  
everyone thinks the spawn is the only time for big fish.  my two largest fish have been in july, post spawn.  congrats.  that is killer it was top water too.

IP Logged

Chris B.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 07/02/09 at 16:32:10
Quote Print Post  
A pic of a tail section is better than nothing.  We'll check it out no doubt at the next fish-in.  You gotta be ready for those monsters Jon.  I always take a digital camera (a must, and I prefer Olympus), with a $5 tripod, and thanks to Larry S's bright idea, use your weigh bag as a livewell  Kiss  Now obviously 2 gallons of water won't keep the fish alive for long, so move quickly.  I'm happy for you.  I think June was the worst month ever for me  Wink

IP Logged

brokentrail
Forum Member

I fish because the voices
in my head tell me to!

Reply #8 - 07/03/09 at 01:20:52
Quote Print Post  
Congrats on the new PB, I too found it odd to catch my PB in Washington and not TN, KY or GA as well but I'll take it anywhere I can get it. Smiley

Cheers!&&&&Andy
IP Logged

Flippin Technician
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 07/06/09 at 05:44:38
Quote Print Post  
Congats! It is always awesome to up your personal best! It gets harder and harder to do as the years go by. But it keeps us shooting for the stars.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo