Normal Topic lowrance and motorguide (Read 1237 times)
JimE
Forum Member

I Love WBC!

lowrance and motorguide
05/20/09 at 00:08:35
Quote Print Post  
I just bought sonar unit with my boat( cabelas)and they say  the transducer wires cant be attached to the motor guide it is a 55#thrust wireless unit the salesman told me because of the new sonar i needed only a sender on the transom    help!
I dont want to screw this up
I have  2  hd units one at the front and one at the drivers seat      thanks  jim

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Re: lowrance and motorguide
Reply #1 - 05/20/09 at 01:03:19
Quote Print Post  
Most people get the transducer mounted to the trolling motor, so you can see whats under you, not whats under the back of the boat.  Not sure how the new HDS units work, but there should be no reason why it can't be mounted to the transom.  
One of the problems may be Cabela's doesn't know how to rig a boat properly.    Lips Sealed 

I would have got Minn Kota, but thats all personal preference.  

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #2 - 05/20/09 at 01:48:18
Quote Print Post  
Is it a HDS unit ? There should be no problem putting it on the motor But you will need a special mount http://tiny.cc/ISh2E
Remember if you have 2 units & they both are on the same time you will have interference.
What will you be mounting on the transom A thru hull or will you be drilling holes?

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

JimE
Forum Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #3 - 05/20/09 at 12:28:43
Quote Print Post  
It will have a hole and is already installed

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo