Normal Topic Re: Is I-90 ever going to get fixed? (Read 2578 times)
Sarge
Ex Member

Re: Is I-90 ever going to get fixed?
05/19/09 at 15:53:26
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for passing on the info, Glenn. A nice response from Mr. Giles. That torn up pavement west of Ellensburg is definitely a bear right now...

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #1 - 05/19/09 at 17:25:57
Quote Print Post  
The one thing Mr. Giles forgot to add was the official Washington State language, "Oh by the way, we are going to raise your fuel surcharge tax another 9 cnts per gallon to fund these projects as they have gone over budget." Tongue

Smitty Wink

AKA Dune Hopper

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/19/09 at 19:59:27
Quote Print Post  
All the paving projects that are east of the Snoqualmie Pass project termini have been funded by stimulus funding through the ARRA.  Yours truly sat on the technical committee for the Snoqualmie Pass project around the lake and it was quite interesting.  No increase in gas taxes.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/19/09 at 23:38:58
Quote Print Post  
Kirk,

Yeah Thats what Gregoire always says, but does anyone trust her Angry Angry Angry

Russ

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #4 - 05/20/09 at 12:32:55
Quote Print Post  
AMEN RUSS!  That "Stimulus" package is going to leave the country with some ugly rememberences----like more taxes to pay for it! Tongue
Nothing is free from the govt. and nothing costs what they tell you it's going to cost.  There is alm ost always "cost overuns".
Getting the road fixed is great and long overdue.  However, I think that was to be partly funded by that 9 cent tax that was levied about 4 years ago, along with the 520 bridge, the completion of 167, etc.

Smitty Wink

AKA DUNE HOPPER

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Chris_Thomas
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/20/09 at 16:48:29
Quote Print Post  
Hey fella's, different subject here... Can anyone reccomend a good repair shop? I just broke my stirring on my boat last Sunday.
However I did still manage to fish and picked up a nice 2lbs. smallie... and 8 pike minnows Angry.

Thanks for the help,

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/20/09 at 23:50:38
Quote Print Post  
Russ and Smitty -
I see a spirited conversation about to begin, again.  I think we had this once before on a post by Sarge.  Everyone wants something, no one wants to pay.  We live in a extremely congested state that voters had chances to vote in different measures over the past thirty years to improve mobility and congestion, but to no avail.  If folks would pay now, voluntarily through some kind of use tax, there is a chance the stimulus funding may not have been necessary.  We all need to support a serious re-investment in our infrastructure. 

That said, now that I live in Eastern Wa, I say let all the roads turn to shit, let the bridges fail, tunnels fall in and maybe let them revert back to trail roads like in say 1925.  That way all you 360'ers, 425'ers and 206'ers will stay off my bassin' waters here in sunny eastern wa........ Grin

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/21/09 at 00:22:22
Quote Print Post  
Kirk,

I'm all for paying my fair share but as a business owner and loyal tax payer - quite high I may add when Christine Crookoire takes contributions from tribes, says publicly we have a surplus-and lies about it, and pays high prices for art work around the city with my tax dollars makes me one angry constituent.

Sure I-90 like others should have been built right from the get go but hey I'm not a crooked politician so what do I know.

Russ

IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #8 - 05/21/09 at 05:18:38
Quote Print Post  
I dont know about 90 but a lot of stuff was built right from the get go but most of our infastructure was built around the 50's and needs to be reinvested in.  Learned that in my civil engineering class. Cool

Not a Gregoire fan either Russ.   Undecided

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo