Normal Topic Kentucky Lake. (Read 834 times)
Larry S.
Board Moderator

Kentucky Lake.
04/13/09 at 03:26:55
Quote Print Post  
This does not fit in with our washington lakes area so here is a few pics.....
I caught over 100 bass...all Largemouth....the two biggest fish broke off or came off..the break off was about 4 lbs flipping some buck brush...I suspended her for 2 minutes as we tried to get the boat to her till the line broke and the 3lber came unbuttoned after I caught it on a bed.

Most of the fish were in the area of 1-1-1/2 lbs but the females were starting to make their way shallow...Shale rock seemed to be the most productive areas to fish as long as it had shells it it....Cone Snail shells. Shakey heads were by far the best technique by all who fished but Crankbaits held their own...the group had 3-4 5 lb fish and numerous 3 and 4 pounders. Will definately put this fishery and its neighbor...Lake Barkley on the schedule again!!! Grin

IP Logged

brokentrail
Forum Member

I fish because the voices
in my head tell me to!

Re: Kentucky Lake.
Reply #1 - 04/13/09 at 03:31:44
Quote Print Post  
Sounds like you had a good time Larry Smiley  The bad part about traveling to fish lakes like that are the timing, you can be early, late or spot on, I'm usually early or late Sad.  I play the same timing game for the big stripers "rock fish" my dad guides for on the Tennessee River.  I've only hit it spot on one time out of 4 attempts but man was it worth it.  6 fish in 2 hours, combined weight was 120'ish lbs.

How was your weather?  Hopefully it was at least somewhat decent for you guys....

Cheers!&&&&Andy
IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Re: Kentucky Lake.
Reply #2 - 04/13/09 at 03:39:52
Quote Print Post  
When I arrived I started driving from Nashville to Kentucky Lake and an emergency tone went off in the car radio for a Tornado Warning...not a Watch mind you but a Warning which I was told means a tornado has been plotted or spotted in the immediate area! we had 4 watches and two Warnings in the 6 days we were there! including a giant thunderstorm that woke us all up at 1an on Monday Morning, but outside of one day we had pretty good weather in the 60s and one day in the 70s and the food was just awesome!!

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo