Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Another Store Bites the Dust (Read 4316 times)
gotfive
Ex Member

Re: Another Store Bites the Dust
Reply #15 - 04/11/09 at 16:01:57
Quote Print Post  
Well, Glenn, I used to think that, but after twenty years in public works, if i don't manage the information to the best of my ability the press will report the worst possible scenerios.  I then spend hours and days clearing it up.  Just seems I spend a lot of time talking with folks "that heard about it on TV".   Undecided

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 04/12/09 at 18:26:00
Quote Print Post  
Glen,

I hate to say this but the media has an influence of politics as made by a perfect example of Obama,Clinton, etc. Sure there are a lot of people think that the media is full of crap but there are tons who take it for truth and that unfortunately is what sways people from buying, selling, or panicking  or voting to the left or the right.

Wake up America

Russ

IP Logged

8ball
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 04/12/09 at 18:53:04
Quote Print Post  
Amen Russ! That is what I was trying to say. Glen, sorry I included "everybody" I was writing in  generalities. I know everyone doesn't believe the media. Most of my friends and aquaintences are in that group. But I know many many people swear by the newspaper and TV news. and thanks for the info. Really good stuff and for anyone with "half a brain" it is very believable.

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 04/13/09 at 14:43:55
Quote Print Post  
Great post, Glenn.  I recall a situation during the Nisqually quake where I received a telephone call from a reporter that claimed receiving a report that the Snoqualmie Falls had "caved in".  I said that, no, they were as typical as ever and had survived the quake.  Guess what?  Heard the report on the radio, anyway.  Ten minutes later, another call from a different reporter that said our drinking water was making people sick.  Lucky for me that they did not report my comment. Roll Eyes  I surely would have been called to the principals office for that one.  For those that don't know me, I am kind of shy and introverted and don't really say what is on my mind.  Grin

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 04/13/09 at 16:39:23
Quote Print Post  
Kirk,

Shy Huh Huh, Introverted Huh Huh, Yeah Right!!!

Russ

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #20 - 04/13/09 at 20:58:48
Quote Print Post  
Kirk was also a Sunday School teacher and stood in front of a Wal-Mart to help his daughters sell Girl Scout cookies. Grin Grin

Smitty Wink
AKA Dune Hopper

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo