Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Silver Lake Slap-Down.... (Read 8972 times)
Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Re: Silver Lake Slap-Down....
Reply #30 - 04/21/09 at 01:55:00
Quote Print Post  
Ya I would like to say I'm done fishing early in the year, but the reality is after cabin fever I'm always going to risk all the bad days for a few good ones.  Tongue

IP Logged

brokentrail
Forum Member

I fish because the voices
in my head tell me to!

Reply #31 - 04/21/09 at 03:33:57
Quote Print Post  
I'll certainly keep fishing whenever I can no matter the season.  There are always going to be good and bad days but I'd rather fish than eat, so I'll just keep going.  I will say I've never had a mediocre day on Silver, I either catch them or I don't, never the in-between.

Looks like it will be awhile before I'll get out with you guys again but I'm looking forward to it when it happens.

Cheers!&&&&Andy
IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #32 - 04/21/09 at 04:24:49
Quote Print Post  
I fish Silver a lot and I will agree that atleast in my case mediocre days are few and far between.  Last year the weekend before the tournament was pretty good then the blizzard killed it.  This year it got killed again.  Oh ya and it got killed for the team tournament.  If we ever hit this lake right again I think people will remember why we go there but it has been very frustrating the last couple years.  I still had a good time at the tournament and talking to everyone, moral of the story is dont let your friend sign up for the club because he might beat you and take 2nd from the back of the boat. Grin

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #33 - 04/22/09 at 14:53:00
Quote Print Post  
As stated prior...Tough Fishing!!! I caught 17+ pounds the day before...trying not to sore lip them....they practically knocked the rod out of my hands! and to boat only two fish for the tourney and still take 4th place with just under 7 pounds is silly!!!  would like to go back there next week when stable weather will make that lake bust open!!
Great Job Mark, Kegan and Ray!! Kegans toad was just a spectacular fish!!! Great Job Phil and all who attended!

p.s.......do not pre-fish smaller fisheries the day prior to event.......DOH!!!!!

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #34 - 04/22/09 at 19:44:35
Quote Print Post  
I started fishing Silver Lake in 1994 with the club and it has always been my observation that Silver is easily the most weather dependent lake I have ever fished.  Either steady barometric pressure is needed or a falling barometer for best fishing.  It is and always will be a crap shoot for timing tourneys.

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #35 - 04/22/09 at 19:58:54
Quote Print Post  
I learned alot at this one, even though the fishing was cold.  The pizza was hot, next time no pepperoni pizza for me.  I'll have to have canadian bacon.  Good information was given at the awards ceromony as always.  I will have to head back down there soon, weather permiting. Congrats to the top 3.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #36 - 04/22/09 at 23:58:25
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
I started fishing Silver Lake in 1994 with the club and it has always been my observation that Silver is easily the most weather dependent lake I have ever fished.  Either steady barometric pressure is needed or a falling barometer for best fishing.  It is and always will be a crap shoot for timing tourneys.

Well put, I seem to hit it right when I'm fun fishing early in the year but when a tournament comes around it seems like fishing goes south in a hurry.

Heres Kegan's big fish from the tournament.

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #37 - 04/23/09 at 00:13:41
Quote Print Post  
Thats a pig !!  Great job Kegan.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo