Normal Topic Fishing License Renewal!! (Read 1936 times)
Larry S.
Board Moderator

Fishing License Renewal!!
03/30/09 at 03:24:51
Quote Print Post  
Dont forget to renew your fishing licenses!
Our next Fish-In is a W.D.F.W. launch and you will need the parking pass!!!
also if you Salmon fish...whether you caught one or not...(Me) you have to send in your punch card within 30 days to avoid penalty!!

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Re: Fishing License Renewal!!
Reply #1 - 04/15/09 at 16:22:50
Quote Print Post  
I went in to renew few weeks ago & could not belief they want your SS# now WTH is up with that I asked the lady were they going to be making donations to my account.This has got to be the most stupid move I have seen yet In a time when identity theft is at an all time high I am going to give my SS# out for a fishing license.

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

Flippin Technician
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/15/09 at 16:43:33
Quote Print Post  
That is odd. I just renewed mine last weekend and they did not ask me for mine. Makes a person wonder..............

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #3 - 04/15/09 at 17:13:28
Quote Print Post  
Well it is odd & I was not scammed Check this out I think we should all protest this action.
http://wdfw.wa.gov/faq/ssnfaq.htm

IP Logged

Flippin Technician
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/15/09 at 17:26:10
Quote Print Post  
Hmmmmm......... I thank god that I am not one of those deadbeats that does not pay his support. Never missed a payment and never been late. Not sure how I feel about what they are doing. I think it is a good thing that they are trying to accomplish. Not sure that it is really the right venue to do it in. I have to think on this one for a while before I decide which side of the fence to fall on. I agree with the security issues at stake but I also know a lot of folks out there that do not live up to thier obligations and I think that is wrong too. I am interested to hear the opinions of our peers on this one.

IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #5 - 04/15/09 at 19:17:08
Quote Print Post  
I was under the impression that once they had your SSN in the new WILD ID system then they didnt have to ask for it any more.  I havent been asked in a long time for mine, for a law that went into affect in like 2001 it seems they should already have yours in the system?

IP Logged

StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Reply #6 - 04/16/09 at 02:54:10
Quote Print Post  
I've never given my SS and had no problem renewing this year.

Stu

LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience

IP Logged

mike_z
Forum Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #7 - 04/16/09 at 05:08:43
Quote Print Post  
I got my first license in the state and they didnt ask me for my ssn.

we travel the world looking for what we need. in the end we will find it on the lake.
AIM  
IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #8 - 04/16/09 at 16:51:13
Quote Print Post  
Well I am not a big fan of the dead beat dads But I dont think this is a very effective way of going about it #1 they don't verify that the SS# is the right one #2 do you think a guy that is not paying is going to jump up & say what I cant fish ok I will pay all my back support. I think the fine for fishing with out a license would be far less money then the support & only if they ever get caught. In all the years I have fished I have been asked for my license 1 time.I would think if the guy has a job that would be the place to get his SS# from I see no other place that would be more logical then that. IMO this dead beat dad sounds like a lame excuse & has some other motive.

As for there claims of it all being safe. How do you know the person that took you # when you got you license is honest. How do we know that there computer systems are safe. Are they held liable if the information is breached Business are.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo