Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) April Fish-In (Read 13365 times)
Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Re: April Fish-In
Reply #30 - 04/05/09 at 16:09:36
Quote Print Post  
Pics to follow, have to get the camera out of the boat. After shore lunch I caught a 2 pounder on a crank bait and Larry also caught one close to 3 if my memory is correct.  Felt good to sleep in this morn but now I got to get back on the water.

Sorry, no pic.  At least not on my camera.  I need a new camera man.
« Last Edit: 04/07/09 at 06:14:49 by Rodney H »  

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

brokentrail
Forum Member

I fish because the voices
in my head tell me to!

Reply #31 - 04/05/09 at 23:00:47
Quote Print Post  
Hrm, well I guess I didn't miss a bass-fest at least, although I bet Larry will be slaying them this week on Kentucky.  We got back home this morning and I'm looking forward to getting out this weekend for sure.

Cheers!&&&&Andy
IP Logged

Bass In Ya Fass
Forum Member

Insert picture of large
bass here...someday.

Reply #32 - 04/07/09 at 05:45:11
Quote Print Post  
Damn, still no bass caught over 1.5lbs for me...oh well, I'll keep chugging along!  Robert was a very good teacher, I learn more and more everytime I fish with someone new...great fishing club! 

Walked around Green Lake yesterday with the wife and baby,  looked like there may have been some spots the fish had cleared off to spawn....or it could have just been the way it has always been...I'm no expert.  I know there is bass in there, just don't know whether it's smallies, largies, or what?  There are TONS of spots where the trees hang over the water and lots of little laydowns/tulies/pads so I imagine it can be fun if you know what you are doing in late spring.  Lot of people sitting on the docks with their poles in the water, I'm guessing they are going for trout?  Anyway, I'll be fly fishing in Montana for only my second attempt ever next week so I won't see y'all at the meeting, but I'll be back!!

-MC

Sponsorships:&&Uh....Just me!
IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #33 - 04/12/09 at 22:05:38
Quote Print Post  
Im so sorry Rodney...thats why I asked you to check your camera before releasing the fish!!! these cameras are getting too technical with their focusing cr*p!

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #34 - 04/12/09 at 22:21:55
Quote Print Post  
Here is what is posted to the newsletter.

Hey Western!!! Whatta Ya Know!!! we had a sunny day!!! The Fish-in on American Lake was beautiful but the fish were very skiddish as several anglers reported followers to the boat but no fish committing!  water was reported as high as 51 degrees in the latter parts of the day but by lunchtime at 2PM none of the 13 anglers in 7 boats got any Bass....Dan Mowery reported tieing into a Monster Trout though estimated at 8 lbs!!!
Three boats remained for the afternoon shift and at this report two fish were boated!!! Rodney H. got a nice Smally Crankin a deep diver Brown red Craw pattern weight 1.90 lbs and I (Larry S.) got a 3.06 lb Smally on a Norman Deep Little N in the same Craw/Red Pattern!! Pictures and Video to follow...Yes Video was running when I got mine so be merciful on the Lame Roland Martin Gig!!!

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #35 - 04/13/09 at 01:20:43
Quote Print Post  
It's ok Larry, I forgive you.  Yesterday I forgot to put my camera in the boat, had to use the back up disposable (will have to get it developed, been in the boat long time) for pics of the 3 pounders I caught.  Today I ordered a lilly pod and also read my digital camera manual and tought me self how to use the timer.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo