Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) moses lake (Read 15180 times)
T_Dot
Ex Member

Re: moses lake
Reply #30 - 03/27/09 at 06:07:51
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
Have I choosen a back seater who will practice defensive net practices?  

I'll be more than happy to have you on the deck of my G3.

wow now thats an offer.  i dunno if i should accept of refuse, its almost like a double edged sword.  though i thank you for putting out that offer.  greatly appreciated!

i guess it all depends on what you will be throwing.  if you will be using jigs, you should take the bow, if you will be skipping docks / cover, again take the front.  now if you wanna move quick and run topwater all day, throw a buzzbait or a spinner, im game for that.

im really not a very tourney minded, but im all for a bit of friendly competition.  i for one, will be lucky to put 5 in the boat - all im looking for is 1.  im really in it to have fun, and see a great lake - and it looks i may have come across the right boat to do it in.

ill be doing my recon for that body of water, in order to sway things in our favor.

...  after all its not how much or how big you catch, its how big you smile for picture.

this is already sounding like a great outting.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #31 - 03/28/09 at 01:04:51
Quote Print Post  
I don't know what the heck Meeseburg is talking about.  I just looked on the Wa Parks website and Potholes isn't on any list mentioned for mothballing.  The same list is posted on Kiro's website.  Again, no Potholes.

Maybe he was up late at night dippin into the sauce.  Grin

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #32 - 03/28/09 at 03:09:53
Quote Print Post  
Maybe trying to "scare" up business! Cheesy

IP Logged

Jack
Forum Member

Reply #33 - 03/28/09 at 14:27:08
Quote Print Post  
I was there last weekend, that article was in the local paper.  We went down to the park and talked with the Ranger. It was news to him as well.  He did say Sun Lakes is on the list and will most likely close. Jack

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #34 - 03/28/09 at 16:07:15
Quote Print Post  
According to the Wa parks website, there are 2 budget cut proposals on the table.  The first one is a 10 million dollar cut, that does not involve the closing/mothballing of any parks.  The 2nd one is a 23 million dollar budget cut that includes up to 33 parks that could be mothballed.  One of the options on this 2nd proposal is to sell the parks to private companies, rather than close them.

So, there's a lot of IF's, MAYBE's, and SPECULATION's regarding the parks.  And it sounds like closing them is the very last option.  And Potholes in not on that list.

Best I can tell, at one point there were 40 parks on that list, but now it's 33.  So it's possible Potholes was on that initial list, but not any more.

Bottom line:  there's a very slim chance any parks will be mothballed.  Not worth worrying about IMO.

IP Logged

dilbert
Forum Member

Reply #35 - 03/30/09 at 13:55:18
Quote Print Post  
Oooh! I think I'll be able to go to this one!  I talked with 2000Subaru and I think he's trying to turn it into a month long mancation/tournament combo  Grin

Maybe it will stop snowing by May  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #36 - 04/21/09 at 16:10:12
Quote Print Post  
Maybe a stupid question, but Is this the Cascade where we are launching ?? 

http://www.mlrec.com/index.php?page_id=23

Sounds like a great campground to me, I just made reservations.  The lady said they are friendly to bass boaters, as long as you don't have a HUGE RV, you can keep the boat hooked up and pull it into the site and plug'er in.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #37 - 04/21/09 at 23:46:05
Quote Print Post  
Chris,

That would be correct. Nice campground and a couple of seconds from the launch. I'll be there as well if prefish works out and wife doesn't have chore list for me.

Russ

IP Logged

2000subaru
Ex Member

Reply #38 - 04/21/09 at 23:58:44
Quote Print Post  
Sounds like the same launch/campground that we are using.  There is only one cascade park on Moses lake, and the directions to your campground are exactly that same.  Dilbert and myself will be staying at Potholes state park, site 15 I think.  We have a few friends that are going to come and stay/play on the water.  I am looking forwards to my first trip into the dunes, anyone looking to be a guide? Neither of us have ever fished Moses so we may prefish on Friday and get a feel for the lake.  

NEW TERRITORY

IP Logged

biggreen
Forum Member

Flippin Out

Reply #39 - 04/24/09 at 01:23:06
Quote Print Post  
We are launching at Cascade Park. There is nothing in our tournament rules which prohibits the use of an 8 ft fishing rod provided the method of use complies with other rules. Potholes was listed as a possible closure in the paper.

P.S. An 8 ft rod as a back seater?

Phil
V.P.
T.D.

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #40 - 04/24/09 at 17:04:05
Quote Print Post  
I just got off the phone with the folks over there in the Moses Lake Parks Dept.  They have plenty of spaces left for reservations on the weekend of the 15th-16th.  A Master or Visa card will hold a guaranteed spot for $25.00 a night.  You will find O.D., April, and me in site 37 when you arrive in the 15th. Cool

Smitty Wink

AKA Dune Hopper

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #41 - 04/24/09 at 17:35:37
Quote Print Post  
I don't understand why more people didn't get spots at Cascade.  It doesn't look like a dive on the website photos.  See yal there.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #42 - 04/24/09 at 17:52:18
Quote Print Post  
It is a nice campground Chris, and you don't have to drive for a half hour to get to the feeshin hole. Cool

Smitty Wink

AKA Dune Hopper

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #43 - 04/24/09 at 18:37:24
Quote Print Post  
I know, I'm sleeping in !!  I'll be there 2 weekends in a row.    Grin Grin

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #44 - 04/24/09 at 20:59:03
Quote Print Post  
Just booked site 38 at Cascade. Looking forward to some good feeshing and great weather.

Russ

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo