Normal Topic Re: Sportsman’s Warehouse Closing 23 Stores (Read 1513 times)
marktfd88
Ex Member

Re: Sportsman’s Warehouse Closing 23 Stores
03/14/09 at 00:40:56
Quote Print Post  
Yeah, I been hearing a little buzz about this and that GI Joes is in chapt 11 bankruptcy.  Things are tough all over and getting tougher in the recreational / sports industry.  Just a reminder to all of us, that we have a great resource in Auburn Sports and Marine and that supporting our local tackle store now more than every is important.

mark

IP Logged

T_Dot
Ex Member

Reply #1 - 03/14/09 at 01:26:53
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
The stores in Oregon, Washington and Idaho are being sold to a Farmers Co-op in Alberta. They will stay open but will come under new management and change the name.

mang whats with the cdn invasion eh?  growing up it has always been the other way around.  looking like times are changning.

[ i be from EH town ]

IP Logged

Nick-Barr
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/14/09 at 04:44:59
Quote Print Post  
OE and Sportco are doing alright, but it really does show that the economy is really impacting the fishing industry.

IP Logged

Flippin Technician
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/14/09 at 17:11:36
Quote Print Post  
I try to buy locally whenever I can. I have two $25.00 gift cards for Bass Pro Shops from Christmas that I still have not used. But I am going to do an inventory tomorrow and get my terminal tackle in shape for the Potholes Open. So I am sure Auburn Sports will see some dollars from my wallet real soon. I just wish we had a one stop place that had everything we Bass guys use. If you have ever been to some of the places down south you would drool. Nothing like them here.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo