Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Potholes Smackdown (Read 19752 times)
basspro
Ex Member

Re: Potholes Smackdown
Reply #60 - 04/15/09 at 20:33:54
Quote Print Post  
Jose and I come around the corner and see Paystoknow getting the net out to grab that hawg. We all took pics of it. What a beauty.

Its nice to see Smallies of that size come out of there.

Russ

IP Logged

Flippin Technician
Ex Member

Reply #61 - 04/15/09 at 20:59:48
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
Jose and I come around the corner and see Paystoknow getting the net out to grab that hawg. We all took pics of it. What a beauty.

Its nice to see Smallies of that size come out of there.

Russ

Glad to know that Paysno has learned to net the big fish without ending up in the water while doing it.

Ahhhh.... Sweet Potholes Open memories from the past.

Maybe he is just saving his Olympic swimming performance for the actual event?

Someone have a net ready for him just incase we need to fish him out of the drink.

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #62 - 04/15/09 at 22:30:35
Quote Print Post  
Hey Striped shorts guy,

Don't forget the BBQ sauce for those burgers your going to be broiling on the dunes.

Russ

IP Logged

Nick-Barr
Ex Member

Reply #63 - 04/16/09 at 01:03:58
Quote Print Post  
Team Legend Killer is back in business!!!! (Me and Chevy)

Lower unit is being finished tonight by the Prop Shop.
Now everyone is getting their panties in a bunch, you all know that the way the tournament is going to be won is by casting across the moses lake flow and catching them moses pigs.......lol

OR

You can buy some real nice green spray paint and snag some 10 lb. carp, then just do some nice spray paint jobs, I know a real good graffiti artist that I take with me everytime to potholes!!!!......haha

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #64 - 04/16/09 at 02:16:31
Quote Print Post  
Your all just lucky i'm taking a one year leave!  Grin I would have just felt so bad to be walking away with all that money! Wouldn't help me with buying my truck that I'm getting so I can finally grandpa's boat over the pass!

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #65 - 04/16/09 at 02:48:12
Quote Print Post  
Nick,

Haven't you been on leave since you joined this club Wink Wink Wink Wink

Russ

IP Logged

Flippin Technician
Ex Member

Reply #66 - 04/16/09 at 14:25:14
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
Your all just lucky i'm taking a one year leave!  Grin I would have just felt so bad to be walking away with all that money! Wouldn't help me with buying my truck that I'm getting so I can finally grandpa's boat over the pass!

Hey Beaver Boy! You can't talk smack until you come back. For another beating I say!

IP Logged

Flippin Technician
Ex Member

Reply #67 - 04/16/09 at 21:40:43
Quote Print Post  
TIC-TOC, TIC-TOC, TIC-TOC, TIC-TOC, TIC-TOC, TIC-TOC, TIC-TOC, TIC-TOC, TIC-TOC, TIC-TOC,
TIC-TOC, TIC-TOC, TIC-TOC, TIC-TOC, TIC-TOC, TIC-TOC, TIC-TOC, TIC-TOC, TIC-TOC, TIC-TOC,

DANG IT ANYWAY WILL 5:00 GET HERE ALREADY I WANT TO GET ON THE STINKIN ROAD AND THE CLOCK IS MOVING LIKE THE DANG THING IS ON A BATTERY THAT IS ABOUT TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK I FEEL BETTER NOW. THANKS FOR ALLOWING ME TO VENT MY FRUSTRATION.
NOW WHAT WAS I DOING HERE..........  OH THATS RIGHT!

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #68 - 04/16/09 at 23:03:46
Quote Print Post  
Russell,
i do have to say that those burgers you and Chevy cooked last year turned out pretty well. That Baby Ray's BBQ was the ticket.  Grin Chevy I think it'll be quite the site to see me back over there. Yarding largemouth after largemouth out Russell's little honey holes. Wait every spot on potholes is Russell's little spot, that he found 10 years ago when he got 3rd. Wait Russ what year was that again?

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #69 - 04/17/09 at 14:28:04
Quote Print Post  
Good luck you all at the "Holes"!!
Hopefully we can get the dates aligned next year so we can do both together!! Wink

IP Logged

StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Reply #70 - 04/20/09 at 03:35:10
Quote Print Post  
Well, how was the tourney?

Stu

LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #71 - 04/20/09 at 04:00:38
Quote Print Post  
Best clubber showing was by Payseno/Snodgrass who took 12th Place in a VERY tough tournament.  Kirk and I weighed two fish on Sat and 1 on Sunday for just under 8 total pound.  23 pounds to make the top 25 .  We had a couple of "clubber" boats who weighed the big "goose-egg" both days.  Several people saw tons of LM's back in the dunes but just couldn't get them to eat anything.  43.5 pounds won it!!!!  No idea exactly what they were doing but it happens every year, someone predicts 50+ pounds, weighs in less than a quarter of that and passes the "Karma" onto someone else that's not in the club!!!!  BTW, THANKS A BUNCH FOR THE ACCOMODATIONS JACK, I really appreciated the warm bed,  hot shower, hot coffee and a ton of laughs.  See you all next year to take another beatin'!!!!!!!

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Nick-Barr
Ex Member

Reply #72 - 04/20/09 at 05:05:05
Quote Print Post  
It was a pretty tough tournament for all......there were lots of fish to be seen...but oh so little to be caught. As always I enjoyed the laughter and comeraderie. Me and the Flippin Technician (Chevy) took home 16th, right behind Daryl and Bob with 28 1/2 pounds.

I totally enjoyed the weather!!!!! WAY BETTER THAN LAST YEAR!!!! and I am still not sure about the WONDERFOAM...that stuff may be toxic..lol

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #73 - 04/20/09 at 16:00:13
Quote Print Post  
That would be 45 lbs that won it close to 50 that I predicted and I publicly suggested that someone would get 50 lb as announced at opening of the Open on Saturday. As Daryl said Maderos/Baker won the pre-fish hands down but our fish either moved or got lock jaw.

At least we stuck around and congratulated our team mates as others bugged out early again.

The weather was great and laughs were had by all.

Congrats to Nick/My old partner Mark Chevrier and Payseno/Snodgrass for cashing.

Hey I look at it this way atleast I passed my karma Wink Wink on so someone else could step up for a change and cash  a check Grin Grin

Russ

IP Logged

Daryl
Forum Member

Reply #74 - 04/20/09 at 16:25:54
Quote Print Post  
I want to thank everyone for the congrats. Believe me it was a little bit of everyone's knowledge that helped us put a pattern together.

I want to thank Jack, the owner and operater of the O'Day Spa, Resort and Ranch for his hospitality, it was truely appreciated. I look forward to fishing this tournament again and seeing everyone through out the year. Also, to Kirk for his culinary skills.

Thanks again Jack for the hospitality

Go Team "Vicodine", Bob is the best netter anyone could hope for. Thanks for the good time.

Daryl

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo