Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Potholes Smackdown (Read 19742 times)
basspro
Ex Member

Re: Potholes Smackdown
Reply #30 - 04/13/09 at 19:16:47
Quote Print Post  
Technician,

I'll 2nd that and make it 60 lbs for the win. Between Maderos and I we had 30lbs each day for 6 fish. The largies are in and biting and would not be surprised to see 50+ lb bags for two days of limits. These fish are so healthy its scary. I have never ever seen so many 5-8 lb fish cruising there in the 20 years I have fished this event.

Its going to be one heck of an event this year Smiley Smiley Smiley

Russ

IP Logged

Nick
Ex Member

Reply #31 - 04/13/09 at 22:51:05
Quote Print Post  
Russ everyone always seems to forget a major factor at that event when they're pre-fishing! Come tournament time the weights are never what they were during pre-fish. I'll say 45lbs tops for first. The pressure of 120 boats will kill the bite a lot. Potholes is a great lake but still can't put out that many big fish for that many good anglers. Just wanted to n
knock some reality into people so when they have a 15lb sack they aren't frustrated and thinking they're out of the tournament. The weather is looking good for the tourney though! Good luck to all of you over there, I'll be at Silver to try and break my curse there!

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #32 - 04/13/09 at 23:04:25
Quote Print Post  
Nick,

Your right about that statement. I know how it goes after a great pre-fish, but this year the weather is improving and no snow in the forcast, that is the biggest difference. Water temps already in the high 50's and going to stay there and get warmer. Found some fish on beds already Wink Wink Wink

Russ

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #33 - 04/13/09 at 23:45:50
Quote Print Post  
I'm not in for 60lbs, but I do know that the weather is setting up right for a largie slaughter.  My guess for the win is 54 lbs, first day lead will be right at 30lbs with 5 boats right in that neck of the woods.  Next day will be tougher as the water gets pounded.  I do know that the pattern that will win it will be a little surprising as Baker and I reveal our winning pattern.

mark

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #34 - 04/13/09 at 23:58:35
Quote Print Post  
It is a few days before the Open and all thru the web house not a fisherman is stirring not even Sarge's Mouse.

The WBC contestants are busy tying up jigs & pigs, senko's , and cranks
while Sarge and Terry are figuring out there pranks

Flippin Technician and Nick the Flippin Boy are ready to pounce
But after the first day they only weigh one ounce

Holmes & Hankinson are yawning about all the flack
Just waiting in the wings to catch a big sack

Smitty & Al have their shovels at the ready
So they can be prepared when the sand gets to heavy

Daryl & Bob are running the Yellow Hornet you know
But come in to the weigh in with not a lot to show

Jesse & Jack are pitching them jigs for the win
when all of a sudden Jack rears back and hits Jesse with his jig in the chin

Maderos with his caplet & Baker with his socks and sandles will bring in a bag so big it will need 4 handles.

Excitement is building, weather is going to be awesome, just bring your game plans cuz its going to be exciting.

Ode to the Open

Russ

IP Logged

Flippin Technician
Ex Member

Reply #35 - 04/14/09 at 01:20:19
Quote Print Post  
One ounce???? Baker you know me better than that. Even if Nick blanks I am good for at least a pound. Come on now!

IP Logged

Sarge
Ex Member

Reply #36 - 04/14/09 at 03:59:02
Quote Print Post  

IP Logged

Flippin Technician
Ex Member

Reply #37 - 04/14/09 at 04:46:14
Quote Print Post  
That is priceless Sarge. Not sure that there will be room enough for your boat and ours in that bay though. Love it thanks for the laugh.

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #38 - 04/14/09 at 05:02:22
Quote Print Post  
Say, it that a curly fire tail worm in them thar boxers????  Or are you just happy to see Terry S up front in that thar Champion????  Either way it is priceless.

Mark

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #39 - 04/14/09 at 13:13:25
Quote Print Post  
Sarge, you bust me up...
50 to 60 lbs??  WTF?  Are y'all serious?? Tongue Tongue
Gonna be blizzard conditions and you coasties won't even be able to get over the pass.  Should see it snowing outside my window right now.....

IP Logged

Daryl
Forum Member

Reply #40 - 04/14/09 at 13:52:01
Quote Print Post  
Cold as h*ll in the moring Sarge. better wear pants

50° F | 29° F  Tuesday  Partly Cloudy 
54° F | 31° F  Wednesday  Partly Cloudy 
56° F | 31° F  Thursday  Partly Cloudy 
63° F | 36° F  Friday  Partly Cloudy 
68° F | 36° F   Saturday  Partly Cloudy 
70° F | 38° F   Sunday Clear
74° F | NA      Monday  Clear

Kirk, don't worry, Russ will plow the way over the mountain.

Russ, you guys already stuck your 30lbs bag. But good luck anyway to my ABA partner Dieter.

Bob P. and I are just going to fish by the seat of our pants and wing it. Wink, Wink

I hope to see everyone over there, it should be a classic good time. Don't forget your house warming gifts for Jack at the O'Day's Spa and Resort.

Daryl

IP Logged

M_Fields
Forum Member

Support the Troops!

Reply #41 - 04/14/09 at 14:44:53
Quote Print Post  
You guys are killing me! 

Marc Fields

"Residing in Missouri wishin I was in Washington"

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #42 - 04/14/09 at 15:04:00
Quote Print Post  
Man them legs of yours are sure white Sarge-You better put sum sun lotion on them legs. Hey is that Kirk's hut behind you. I fished there on Friday.

That is "Priceless" Sarge. I can't stop laughing about that picture.

The snow plow is ready to roll over the pass.

Is it Friday yet?

Russ

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #43 - 04/14/09 at 15:10:50
Quote Print Post  
As long as all of you are going to bring alms for the O'Dears, AL & I will be receiving offerings at the golf course bar on Friday evening. Smiley  For that evening only, we have suspended the ritualistic bowing owed as an homage to Sr. members of the angling community. Smiley  Just bring cash for the bar or GOOD Canadian Whiskey!   Smiley  We figure if we can accumulate enough of the whiskey, then we won't have to worry about anything, especially "Digging" our way into or out of Crab Creek.
We do have one request.  Please please Sarge & Russ, spare us all the uncomfortable experience of looking at your pasty white bird legs if the weather is nice

Smitty Wink

AKA Dune Hopper

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #44 - 04/14/09 at 15:44:53
Quote Print Post  
Dang Russ your right, that is Kurt's hut in the back ground.  Good eyes, let them boys have that scawny area.  Good for a few fish I'm sure, however, Sarge, Kurt, Terry and the gang, that will NOT be the winning bay.
  And yes I am sticking to 50 to 54 to win it Kurt.  Should be a slaughter on the largies this weekend.

mark

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo