Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Introduction. New member. (Read 2914 times)
mike_z
Forum Member

I Love WBC!

Introduction. New member.
03/03/09 at 16:02:25
Quote Print Post  
I just wanted to say hello to everyone. My name is Mike, and we moved here to Seattle from Denver. I am looking forward to meeting everbody and cant wait to do some fishng. No boat yet but im working on it. If you ever need a back seat to split the cost and have some fun, let me know. Living in Denver for 13 years I really missed my bass fishing, so now im in the process of getting geared back up. Have a great day everyone. It's gonna be a great year!

we travel the world looking for what we need. in the end we will find it on the lake.
AIM  
IP Logged

brokentrail
Forum Member

I fish because the voices
in my head tell me to!

Re: Introduction. New member.
Reply #1 - 03/03/09 at 16:27:52
Quote Print Post  
Welcome Mike!  I'm a recent new member myself and looking forward to meeting you soon.

Cheers!&&&&Andy
IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/03/09 at 16:38:27
Quote Print Post  
Mike,

Welcome to WBC. You have found the best club in the state in my opinion. You will not only learn how to bass fish in this state but you will also find many new friends here.

Russ

IP Logged

mike_z
Forum Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #3 - 03/03/09 at 17:32:40
Quote Print Post  
Thanks guy's. This is exactly the club i belong in. I have enjoyed this sport since I was 5 years old and half the fun is fishing with friends. I a truly looking forward to making many here. See you all soon.

we travel the world looking for what we need. in the end we will find it on the lake.
AIM  
IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 03/04/09 at 03:36:37
Quote Print Post  
welcome mike!  always nice to meet new members.

troy

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 03/04/09 at 04:13:59
Quote Print Post  
Hi, Mike.

If you are able to make it, please come to the "fish-in" at Long Lake on March 14.

All members are welcome to meet at a lake each month and come out fishing at these events - and you are guaranteed a backseat.  You don't have to wait until you build up your gear again. Our guys will share rods and lures.

All you need to do is show up and you'll get on the water.

Even if you are an experienced angler, I also encourage you to contact Larry S and get set up with an amassador.  It's another great way to get out fishing and learn or refresh your skills with a club member.

Ambassador Program and Fish-ins:
http://www.westernbassclub.com/Ambassador.html

Details on March 14 Fish-in:
http://www.westernbassclub.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1235575556

Hope to see you soon
Stu

IP Logged

mike_z
Forum Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #6 - 03/04/09 at 04:53:36
Quote Print Post  
Thats awesome. I will reach out to larry and get set up. Will larry have all the info i need?? I will check with him. Where I should be, what time etc. I would like to come. Thanks and have a great day.

AIM  
IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #7 - 03/04/09 at 05:10:18
Quote Print Post  
Welcome Mike, I've been with Western Bass Club one year now.  I'd like to go back to Denver now and fish Cherry Creek or Pueblo Reservoir with the what I've learned this last year. Looking forward to fishing with ya!!!

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Nick-Barr
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 03/04/09 at 05:18:24
Quote Print Post  
Welcome MIKE!!!!

A friend of mine moved here from Colorado and loves the fishing out here, your sure to have some fun in this club. WELCOME!!!!

IP Logged

mike_z
Forum Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #9 - 03/04/09 at 06:34:40
Quote Print Post  
AHHH cherry creek. I lived about 5 min from there. Pueblo was a better bet, but much farther away. I did a fair amount of fishing but mostly mountain lakes. Places like delaney... or Spinney. the miracle mile, or the frying pan. Alll great trout fisheries, but it sure isnt bass fisning. The best trip I have ever been on was this last summer. We went on cruise and when we were in Mazatlan I took the day and went up to lake elsalto. The fishing was every bit as good as it looks like when you see it on TV. We caught so many 5 and 6 pounders we stopped counting after 40 or so. Well have a great day everybody.

AIM  
IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 03/05/09 at 02:43:22
Quote Print Post  
Mike,

Here is the info for the 14th.

"Our next stop will be an early trip to Long Lake in Port Orchard March 14. Directions to Shari’s: (Meet at 5:30 AM): Take the I-5 SOUTH exit toward TACOMA Take exit #132 onto WA-16 WEST toward GIG HARBOR/BREMERTON - go 22.9 mi Take ramp toward SOUTHWORTH FY - go 0.3 mi Turn right on SE SEDGWICK RD - go 0.1 mi Turn right on BRAVO TER - go < 0.1 mi Arrive at 221 BRAVO TER, PORT ORCHARD, on the left Directions to the Launch: (Meet at 7:00 AM): Take I-5 South to West 16 and head over the Narrows Bridge. N on SR 16, exit at Sedgwick Rd, go E 2.5 mi; R on Long Lake Rd SE; go .4 mi; R on Clover Valley Rd, go 1.1 mi. These are the directions from the Fish and game website. Look forward to seeing you all there and some sunny weather too!!! Larry Sullivan Ambassador Director
scudman93@aol.com Cell # (253) 335-2036
Fish-In Report
Larry Sullivan "

IP Logged

mike_z
Forum Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #11 - 03/05/09 at 03:12:26
Quote Print Post  
Sorry guy's it looks like my wife has planned a weekend in the SanJuan Islands that weekend. So I wont be able to make it. I will for sure plan on the next one and hopefully all of them to come. If any one is going fishing next week during the week and has a back seat open let me know I would love to go. Thanks everyone. have a great night

AIM  
IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo