Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Long Lake Fish-in (Read 15105 times)
brokentrail
Forum Member

I fish because the voices
in my head tell me to!

Long Lake Fish-in
02/25/09 at 15:25:56
Quote Print Post  
Gents,

I'm trying to make arrangements to make the fish-in in March, does anyone know if Long Lake has any cell coverage?  I am on-call that weekend for work and it is proving difficult to find someone to take my place but if I can answer the phone should it ring, I have met my requirements. Smiley

Cheers!&&&&Andy
IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Re: Long Lake Fish-in
Reply #1 - 02/25/09 at 17:23:54
Quote Print Post  
I know Verizon works there.

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

brokentrail
Forum Member

in my head tell me to!

Reply #2 - 02/25/09 at 19:40:00
Quote Print Post  
excellent, Verizon is what I have.  Appreciate it!

Cheers!&&&&Andy
IP Logged

brokentrail
Forum Member

in my head tell me to!

Reply #3 - 02/26/09 at 16:00:08
Quote Print Post  
Thanks guys!  Now I can make it despite what work stuff I have going on, now to start working on the wife, that is the babies actual birthday but we already had his party, I think that should = free pass to go to fish-in!

hahaha......

Cheers!&&&&Andy
IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #4 - 02/26/09 at 16:54:02
Quote Print Post  
Get the pass any way possible.  There will be at least one pig caught. Grin

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Bass In Ya Fass
Forum Member

Insert picture of large
bass here...someday.

Reply #5 - 02/26/09 at 22:07:11
Quote Print Post  
What is the date of the fish in again?

Sponsorships:&&Uh....Just me!
IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #6 - 02/26/09 at 22:51:32
Quote Print Post  
March 14th.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

Troy
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 02/27/09 at 01:34:50
Quote Print Post  
I may have to fish this one...seems like that lake should be starting to pump out fish if this snow goes away and the weather warms a bit.

troy

IP Logged

Jeff_I
Forum Member

Gorilla Hookset

Reply #8 - 02/27/09 at 14:37:07
Quote Print Post  
Are we going to meet at a restaurant ahead of time or just all meet at the lake?  Where is the launch ramp?

I've never fished this lake before, what approach / baits should be working then?

Jeff

IP Logged

brokentrail
Forum Member

in my head tell me to!

Reply #9 - 02/27/09 at 16:25:34
Quote Print Post  
The meeting at Shari's details are in the current newsletter as well as directions to the launch, as for patterns, I haven't fished here before and I think it is going to depend on the weather between now and then and what the water temp is when we arrive.

Cheers!&&&&Andy
IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #10 - 02/27/09 at 17:12:54
Quote Print Post  
Go to the club website...not the message board and look at current newsletter...you can print the directions from there too...times and itinerary.

better yet.....here is that report......

Hey Western!!! January Fish-in On Washington was, luckily...Dry but cold....we had 8-9 boats, some of which showed up later in the day with the first crew at East Mercer getting a few Perch and several trout....most folks fished in 60+ feet of water with several venturing into the 40s...water continues to hold or hover at around 41 degrees. The later crew was the successful group with troy Kelly boating several Smallies two of which he has posted with a video online!!! Great show to watch!!! Mark Maderos also scored some hefty brutes with photos posted online. Thanks to all who braved the elements!!! It looks like we had some more cabin fever as more of you came out to Lake Sammamish on Saturday the 7th. We had 6 boats with 12 anglers out at Sammamish and although cold, it was a dry day!!!! Mark brown scored two Smallies with one over 4 pounds.....Troy got 4 fish....Chuck Bailey got one 2-1/2 lber.....several Perch and Trout and Jeff I. on the Pro-Salmon-Craft got a two pound Silver.... (Released)!! We then had some very warming chili dogs to take the chill off!! Great time had by all....If anyone has their pics please e-mail them to me and/or post them on the appropriate thread...Thanks much go to all who came out and look forward to next month!! Our next stop will be an early trip to Long Lake in Port Orchard March 14. Directions to Shari’s: (Meet at 5:30 AM): Take the I-5 SOUTH exit toward TACOMA Take exit #132 onto WA-16 WEST toward GIG HARBOR/BREMERTON - go 22.9 mi Take ramp toward SOUTHWORTH FY - go 0.3 mi Turn right on SE SEDGWICK RD - go 0.1 mi Turn right on BRAVO TER - go < 0.1 mi Arrive at 221 BRAVO TER, PORT ORCHARD, on the left Directions to the Launch: (Meet at 7:00 AM): Take I-5 South to West 16 and head over the Narrows Bridge. N on SR 16, exit at Sedgwick Rd, go E 2.5 mi; R on Long Lake Rd SE; go .4 mi; R on Clover Valley Rd, go 1.1 mi. These are the directions from the Fish and game website. Look forward to seeing you all there and some sunny weather too!!! Larry Sullivan Ambassador Director
scudman93@aol.com Cell # (253) 335-2036
Fish-In Report
Larry Sullivan

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #11 - 02/27/09 at 17:56:21
Quote Print Post  
Boat Ramp is  Latitude  47°29'6.75"N    
Longitude 122°35'34.51"W
Google maps will get you there.
As for what baits you guys can use POP gear  Grin
I will let the weather & water tell me what to use when I get there Wink
Just a FYI the bridge fee went up last year & they do charge more if you have a trailer in tow.
The standard toll is for a two-axle vehicle. Toll charges actually are by the axle, so large tractor-trailer rigs will have to pay as much as $12 at a booth or $8.25 if equipped with a windshield transponder.
So $20 in truck gas to get there $12 tolls might use 1/4 tank in the boat or less Total cost around $50 Any back seat riders might want to pare up in Seattle.

IP Logged

fsh4bas
Forum Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #12 - 02/28/09 at 16:05:55
Quote Print Post  
I've been over the bridge all week for work.  single 2 axle cars or trucks is $4  or with my twin axle flat bed trailer was $8.  so single axle trailer in tow should be $6. 
karl

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #13 - 03/02/09 at 01:02:56
Quote Print Post  
I just copied what it said on the DOT site I thought $12 sounded high.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #14 - 03/11/09 at 05:47:21
Quote Print Post  
So.....who all is goin??? wanna get a count and see who can pair up for the drive, Seatac Mall...er "the Commons" is a good meet place....so lets hear it!!! Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo