Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) WBC Tournament Rule Changes (Read 4165 times)
Stu
Ex Member

WBC Tournament Rule Changes
02/22/09 at 06:25:11
Quote Print Post  
For those who were not at the meeting this week, here is some news you should be aware of.

The club recently voted on and passed two rule changes:

1)  Removed the requirement to only allow proposing rule changes in Sept with a vote in October. The new rule is that rule changes can be proposed one month and voted on the next, as long as the vote does not occur during the tournament season.   So, tourney rule changes can be passed from Nov - March.

2)  Changed the off limits rule on tourney weeks.  The new rule is states that on a tourney week, the lake is off limits from midnight at the end of Sunday to midnight at the end of Thursday, but now all day Friday is open for prefishing (midnight Thurs to midnight Friday).  Still can't fish outside of tourney hours from Midnight  (end of) Friday through end of the tourney on Sunday.

M-Th  - off limits
Fri.   - prefishing allowed
Sat - Sun  - tourney hours only

Stu

IP Logged

LaRoja
WBC Member

Re: WBC Tournament Rule Changes
Reply #1 - 02/22/09 at 16:30:23
Quote Print Post  
Stu,
Thanks for posting this important rule change.
For those not present during the discussion, the numbers of open days was restrictied to Friday thinking that if we were to also open Thursday, it could affect the number of people that show at the club's General Meeting.
José

IP Logged

fsh4bas
Forum Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #2 - 02/24/09 at 01:06:53
Quote Print Post  
stupid question.  i'm bringing the lady and kids to tri-cities can i take them fishing and tubing.   after tounament hours saturday  if i do not fish?
karl

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/24/09 at 02:23:01
Quote Print Post  
Nope. You can fish on friday but not after the tournament on saturday.

Russ

IP Logged

fsh4bas
Forum Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #4 - 02/24/09 at 03:02:19
Quote Print Post  
got it no fishing saturday night.   but how about takin the kids out on the tube saturday afternoon?
karl

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 02/24/09 at 04:30:31
Quote Print Post  
Hi, Karl.

Unfortunately, the rule does not allow anyone to fish in the tourney and also go out on the water at all outside tourney hours from 12 AM Saturday through the end of the tourney on Sunday - even if you don't fish.

I have two kids as well, and I would love to take them out on the water saturday afternoons.

It's far from perfect for those of us with kids, but the way the rule was before the vote Thursday, the lake was closed from 12 AM the Monday of the tourney week through the end of the tourney on Sunday.  That meant that we could not take family members out on the lake at all (either Fri or Sat).  I haven't seen anyone allowed to go out on the lake, even if they promised not to fish.  I guess the concern is that a person could go out and use his electronics to spot fish.

The new rule is a bit is better in the fact that we can at least take the family out on the lake if we can get over there soon enough on Friday.

Ideally, I would like to see no off-limits, but then I guess people could go out and fish right up to the tourney time Saturday and could fish all night Saturday to Sunday morning.  Not sure how much of an advantage that really would be (I see sore mouthing fish and getting no sleep for 2 days as a bad thing), but I think it is a step in the right direction to at least have access to the lake on Friday.

Stu

IP Logged

brokentrail
Forum Member

I fish because the voices
in my head tell me to!

Reply #6 - 02/24/09 at 15:13:26
Quote Print Post  
OK, I know I'm new but what is the purpose of the week of off limits?  What is the club trying to prevent?  I like the Friday rule change as I'm not sure I see a need for the off-limits period.

The pro's are prefishing the same week as their tournament and it seems to work OK for them.  Ultimately I would like to understand the goal of the off-limits period from someone who knows so I can better form my opinion, oh and btw, I have lots of opinions, just ask LOL.

Cheers!&&&&Andy
IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 02/24/09 at 15:52:31
Quote Print Post  
Andy,

The reason for the rule in my opinion is that no one has an unfair advantage come tourney time. I guess they see it as if we have no off limits and that person can go fish and the other guy can't because he has to work then one might have an advantage come tourney time.

Im with Stu on the after tourney time. Wish I could take the wife and kid out for a couple of hours after tourney day for some tubing, walleye or whatever.

Yes our goal is to be a family club but with limits, rules,etc. I wish we had no off limits. Personally if 40 guys prefished for a tourney and I didn't I still feel that I could beat them.

Can't win them all,

Russ

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #8 - 02/24/09 at 18:11:39
Quote Print Post  
IMO it should be all or nothing that way no confusion.

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

brokentrail
Forum Member

I fish because the voices
in my head tell me to!

Reply #9 - 02/24/09 at 20:39:20
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for the explanation from someone that has been here awhile Russ.  I would be fine with no off-limits as well, I ain't skeered!  I'm sure there are some that could go down early and pre-fish and I'd just have to say, what a lucky duck, wish I could have done that.

Appreciate the info..

Cheers!&&&&Andy
IP Logged

bassin9
WBC Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #10 - 02/25/09 at 01:56:58
Quote Print Post  
I personally,  have most of my family in the Tri-cities area and last year we had a remembrance BBQ for my son after the tourney but was told I could not be out on the water in my boat. I will follow what ever rules the members set forth, but it makes it kind of hard when you have young ones who keep asking to take them out on the water tubing, especially when you have a new boat and they have not been out on it. I almost decided not to fish on Sunday, but at the same time I had another club member with me and I was not about to let him down. I think this year, I will make sure to go over sooner, because I am certain the family will want to get together after the tourney again.

Thomas

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 02/25/09 at 04:20:56
Quote Print Post  
I like the fact that the club continues to be progressive in how they think and apply common sense to our already fantastic events.  In looking at our season calendar, there are lakes very close by that you could get out and fish and take the boat out for a turn with the kids.  Moses Lake there is Potholes, Banks there is Roosevelt, you get the picture.

IP Logged

Ray
Forum Member

Reply #12 - 02/25/09 at 05:33:22
Quote Print Post  
Just want to say thanks to all those that voted in favor of this change and especially to Sarge for sponsoring this.   This new rule will make things easier on family and the wallet.
Thanks again!
Ray

IP Logged

fsh4bas
Forum Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #13 - 02/25/09 at 13:30:09
Quote Print Post  
Ok no tubing,  thats cool.  thats why i asked.  didn't want to go against the rules.  so does anyone know of a boat ramp on the snake river past the dam.  that should be out of my off limits area.  since i am camping at hood park on the snake river?
karl

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #14 - 02/25/09 at 20:30:11
Quote Print Post  
I wasn't able to make it to this meeting because I was at the Classic, but I would have voted for it anyway!  Great change to the rules!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo