Normal Topic A video of fish being caught (Read 2328 times)
marktfd88
Ex Member

A video of fish being caught
02/14/09 at 02:34:20
Quote Print Post  
The video is up on www.washingtonlakes.com ; Go to the features section and you can watch the winter smallie video I shot with Mike Carey from washingtonlakes.com.  He mananged to be the hero that day and boated 3 nice smallies with one being his personal best that was pushing 5.5lbs.  Lots of trout caught that day also, not to mention the unspeakable pikeminnows.

Mark

IP Logged

M_Fields
Forum Member

Support the Troops!

Re: A video of fish being caught
Reply #1 - 02/14/09 at 15:57:58
Quote Print Post  
Mark,

Nice video!  Keep them coming.

Marc Fields

"Residing in Missouri wishin I was in Washington"

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #2 - 02/14/09 at 16:21:23
Quote Print Post  
Next week on VS.....Mark Maderos / City Limits Fishing!!!! Nice job!!!!!!

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/14/09 at 20:40:31
Quote Print Post  
LMAOROTF Larry.  Hey why not, I'll take on Charlie Moore and Mike Ike both.  Tongue

Mark

IP Logged

bill44
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/14/09 at 22:55:49
Quote Print Post  
Mark,

Nice job.  Thanks for putting it on.

Bill

IP Logged

Chad S.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 02/15/09 at 19:51:41
Quote Print Post  
good video, was that spot up in kirkland that you guys caught the trout off of the big sunken wood boat in 38ft? if so, i've never caught a trout from that spot, thats why i was wondering...

IP Logged

Pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 02/16/09 at 03:11:24
Quote Print Post  
Excellent educational video Mark...you gave more helpful information in those 19 minutes then many of the professional bass shows do in an entire season....keep them coming!!!

Bob

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 02/16/09 at 17:21:48
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
good video, was that spot up in kirkland that you guys caught the trout off of the big sunken wood boat in 38ft? if so, i've never caught a trout from that spot, thats why i was wondering...

Chad,   No boat in that spot.  Just a underwater hump with rock.

Bob, thanks for the compliment. 

Mark

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 02/21/09 at 07:21:03
Quote Print Post  
You guys looked like pros!  Nice job!   You'll have your own show soon!  (only pick another Lake - there's enough fishermen on Lake Washington already!  Wink  (I remember the years long ago when Larry Gonczy and I had the Lake all to ourselves in the winter!  Those days are long gone!)

Question for you Mark:  Dez suggested bringing the fish up slowly from deep water.  That has actually been just the opposite of my experience.  "Get em up, and put em back down" just as fast as possible.  In fact, whenever guys who fished with me did the slow up technique, their fish struggled to get down, and occasionally it didn't.  I have never had a fish not drop like lead to the bottom.  So Mark, what is your experience?

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 02/22/09 at 01:58:56
Quote Print Post  
Don't worry Rev, I will leave a fish or two in the east channel for you.  I actually have been working mid and upper portions of the lake this year with success.

Mark

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo