Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Cabelas - Not impressed (Read 3263 times)
basspro
Ex Member

Cabelas - Not impressed
02/13/09 at 00:40:46
Quote Print Post  
I go down to Cabelas last week to pick up a new reel and some flipping jigs and here is why I am not impressed:

Absolutely had not one flipping jig on their shelves. Angry Angry Angry Angry

Was looking for two right hand pfleuger bait casting reels - Out of stock as well Angry

Senko's - Forget it their selection sucked. Sad

I'll pass on going their again.

Russ

Russ

IP Logged

Jeff_I
Forum Member

Gorilla Hookset

Re: Cabelas - Not impressed
Reply #1 - 02/13/09 at 00:52:42
Quote Print Post  
I've been dissipointed there a few times as well.  They didn't have glass worm rattles either.

Jeff

IP Logged

Rodney H
WBC Member

Why must I work!

Reply #2 - 02/13/09 at 02:18:19
Quote Print Post  
I've found the key to shopping there is don't go down there for anything you want in the way of fishing tackle.  Pre-shop online, see what is on sale and get prices wrote down.  Go to the store and shop around and take advantage of in-stock sales, often the in store price is lower then online price. If you don't find in the store what you want then order online for in store pick up. Always check the Bargin Cave.  Now one of their employees told me they are goiing to redo the fishing tackle and gear it more to what people have been looking and asking for here. It do seem to be a hit or miss type of trip.

G3 Boats, A Yamaha Boat Company, HP180
AIM  
IP Logged

Nick-Barr
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/13/09 at 05:18:58
Quote Print Post  
I can say that I live 10 minutes away and I have spent very little money there. A lot of people are going there and not making return trips, you see the store, then after you get out of the store, you would rather shop at one of your local retailers!!!!

IP Logged

Bass In Ya Fass
Forum Member

Insert picture of large
bass here...someday.

Reply #4 - 02/13/09 at 05:29:05
Quote Print Post  
Bass Pro Shops is having a big President's Day sale.  Just ordered one of their baitcasters on sale from $80 down to $50.  Didn't really look too hard at anything else, but thought I would pass it on!

-Matt

Sponsorships:&&Uh....Just me!
IP Logged

Daryl
Forum Member

Reply #5 - 02/13/09 at 15:16:41
Quote Print Post  
OK boys, here is the trick to Cabelas. They have little in the way of bass gear in the store. Go online and do your shopping, have it shipped to the store for free. Since, I live close by and I catch the bus to Seattle about 3 mi. away it is very convienent. Also, the bargin bin online will save you some money on gear, cloths and other products. I have seen shirts in the store at regular price $25.99 and found them in the bargin bin online for $6.99. The will not reduce the price in the store to the online price. I have asked and they told me to order it online to get the discounted price.

As far as going to the store to shop, it sucks. I have only been there once to shop and didn't buy anything. I go there to pick up online orders and that is it.

Daryl

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #6 - 02/13/09 at 18:16:20
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
OK boys, here is the trick to Cabelas. They have little in the way of bass gear in the store. Go online and do your shopping, have it shipped to the store for free. Since, I live close by and I catch the bus to Seattle about 3 mi. away it is very convienent. Also, the bargin bin online will save you some money on gear, cloths and other products. I have seen shirts in the store at regular price $25.99 and found them in the bargin bin online for $6.99. The will not reduce the price in the store to the online price. I have asked and they told me to order it online to get the discounted price.

As far as going to the store to shop, it sucks. I have only been there once to shop and didn't buy anything. I go there to pick up online orders and that is it.

Daryl

I think you got it right Daryl.  Only time I went there I don't think I spent a dime.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

LaRoja
WBC Member

Reply #7 - 03/05/09 at 20:52:57
Quote Print Post  
I did, I ate one of their buffalo hamburgers.

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Reply #8 - 03/05/09 at 22:40:37
Quote Print Post  
Grin

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

shasts
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 03/06/09 at 19:29:12
Quote Print Post  
It does seem odd that if so many folks are so dissapointed by the store, why is the club spending the weekend there supporting their spring sale thingy.
Just an observation, ... I think us (aka Bass fishermen in the northwest) are regularly disapointed by bass gear selection.   You slimmer fishermen and your hot pink worms taking up shelf space..... ugh, well you can find them most anywhere, when I just want natural colored baits.(and before anyone goes off... I can get reaction strikes on natural colors too.)
A couple more thoughts to add to the discussion.... The bargin bin online and bargin cave can provide opportunities for bargins but like everywhere you have to search to find bargins that fit your need, so I really don't think they are so different or even disapointing in that way.

Otherwise its a nice place to shop when its not too busy, I don't like to walk 3/4 of mile to get to the entrance, and like a lot of larger retailers may not be your best price, but sans the bass gear their selection can be excellent for a lot of categories of outdoor gear..... Got a great price on my Ruger 10/22.

Steve Hastings

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 03/07/09 at 00:19:39
Quote Print Post  
Shasts,

We are there to promote the club and it was free from what I understand. Cabelas is even donating a Keel Shield to us to raffle.

Russ

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #11 - 03/07/09 at 02:50:28
Quote Print Post  
As with all fishing in this state...we have to constantly bring Bass Fishing into the light of day, even during a sale, to promote the sport and maybe, just maybe, get Cabelas to realize we are a valid sport in this market and they can offer more items related to Bass.......It is a great venue and place to get out of the rain!!!! Grin

p.s......if the store were not here....the very people who say they are not impressed would be saying..."Wish we had one here!!!" so get over it! Wink

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 03/07/09 at 15:48:34
Quote Print Post  
Best retail store for bass gear?

IMHO - Play it Again Sports in Wenatchee.....

IP Logged

BassAholic
Forum Member

Fords don't float !

Reply #13 - 03/07/09 at 20:20:52
Quote Print Post  
Larry that is exactly what I was thinking. We have gone to many stores & promoted bass fishing & I have seen those stores add a lot of good things Bass related. Outdoor Emporium is a prime example of that. While no one store is going to have all of what everyone wants it is nice to see the Bass seminars & the willingness of the buyers to hear us & make changes. I recall a time when I would asked why no or little bass gear only to get looks & comments like no one buys it or why would you fish for those green things.
In the 6yrs I have been bass fishing I would say we have come along way & that is why I will stay a member of this club because I see the effort made to promote the sport & the ability of or numbers to change the status quote.

Fish like you are retired!&&Work like your on vacation!&&
IP Logged

mike_z
Forum Member

I Love WBC!

Reply #14 - 03/07/09 at 22:55:05
Quote Print Post  
I had a chance to stop by today around 11:30 or and met some of the members. Thanks to you guy's for taking the time to talk with me today.. I really enjoyed it. So of course now im all pumped up and ready to do some fishin. If any one has an open back seat and is going out during the week. give me a ring. It will be my first time out fishing since I moved to Seattle. Have a great day everyone!

we travel the world looking for what we need. in the end we will find it on the lake.
AIM  
IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo