Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Mt St. Helens Open-Silver Lake (Read 4032 times)
Daryl
Forum Member

Mt St. Helens Open-Silver Lake
02/03/09 at 23:07:16
Quote Print Post  
Mt. St. Helens is having a open tournament on April 11th, 2009 on Silver Lake. 35 boat limit, $110 per team (includes $10 big fish). Pay out 7 places, Trophies for 5 places. Link below will get you an entry form to mail in with your money. Don't wait to long.

Daryl

http://www.mt-st-helens-bassmasters.com/2009Open.html

IP Logged

Chris B.
WBC Member

Re: Mt St. Helens Open-Silver Lake
Reply #1 - 02/06/09 at 22:22:21
Quote Print Post  
I got an email about the tourny today.  I replied and asked how many spots were available still.  The guy said about 20 places open as of now.  I'm still un-sure myself.  The upside is its good pre-fishing for our club Draw the following weekend.

Wishful Sponsors: BassCat Boats, Mercury Marine, Tackle Warehouse, Chevy Trucks, Chevron Gas, G-Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels.
IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/07/09 at 02:00:36
Quote Print Post  
I'm kicking the idea around myself, but fishing two events in a row the wife might just kick me out. Come on Potholes Open!!!

Russ

IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #3 - 02/07/09 at 04:52:39
Quote Print Post  
I was going to but just commited to the
"Kentucky Lake Roadtrip" with Glenn and the gang at Bass Resource....this is they're 4th roadtrip and next year is at the Delta so I thought I better get to know those guys and Kentucky Lake/ Lake Barkley sounds awesome and with it being a lake on the big trails it will be good to see where they fish!!!
It runs from the 4th till the 11th so we get back the same day.

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/08/09 at 01:45:20
Quote Print Post  
I went to the St. Helen's club meeting today and they still have spots left.  If you send your entry in the new week or two, you should be fine.

Stu

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/08/09 at 04:13:51
Quote Print Post  
As of today there were 7 spots still open for this tourney this weekend.  They give priority by the postmark date, so if you want to fish it, get the entry in the mail asap and call the number on the entry form to let them know it is coming.

With the warmer weather and some rain and cloud cover this weekend, this might be the big coming out weekend for fish on Silver.

http://www.mt-st-helens-bassmasters.com/2009Open.html

Stu

IP Logged

StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Reply #6 - 04/09/09 at 03:59:24
Quote Print Post  
As of today the tourney is full at 35 boats.

Stu

LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience

IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #7 - 04/09/09 at 18:47:11
Quote Print Post  
Sweet anyone besides me fishing from WBC?

IP Logged

StuK
WBC Member

Lund Boats

Reply #8 - 04/10/09 at 04:06:23
Quote Print Post  
I'm going down tomorrow afternoon and camping overnight.  Feel free to stop by for a frosty cold lemonade. Your uncle going?

Stu

LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience

IP Logged

Joel_Booth
Forum Member

Silver?........ I hate
Silver!!

Reply #9 - 04/10/09 at 05:18:58
Quote Print Post  
Nope hes in Arkansas, Ill stop by who are you fishing with?

IP Logged

Stu
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 04/13/09 at 03:18:18
Quote Print Post  
Well, I fished the Silver Lake Open this weekend, along with Phil and Brian H., Mack R. and Mark B., Joel B and his friend.

The fishing was really tough.  Weather was cloudy with varying wind and the air temp was in the high 40's or low 50's, I think.  My temp sensor isn't working, so I'm not sure the water temps, but I heard that the warmest was the canals in the low 50's.

Congrats to Mack and Mark for taking 7th and Phil and Brian for taking 8th.  Both teams got their entry fees back, as they paid down to 8th.

Top 8 results are at http://www.mt-st-helens-bassmasters.com/2009Open.html

There were 35 boats, and only 16 boats caught fish.

I fished all over the lake - red bushes on the main lake, canal by the cemetery hole, other canals, island, etc. Tried the standard fare: jigs, texas rigged brush hogs, spinnerbaits, rattletraps along the island and Senkos.  No bites all day.  

I hope the weather improves for you guys at the draw.  If not, get ready to bring out your cold weather techniques.

I didn't Silver last year, but I was sad to see that the "L" shaped dock on the main island that produces so many fish was broken from its moorings and half sunk.

This was my only shot at Silver for April because my wife is out of town again on the weekend of the WBC draw tourney, as she was last year.  Also have several other committments for the kids this weekend, so I am out of luck.  Cry

I hope the weather improves and you all load the boats.

Stu

IP Logged

brokentrail
Forum Member

I fish because the voices
in my head tell me to!

Reply #11 - 04/13/09 at 03:24:38
Quote Print Post  
Hey Stu,

Sorry to hear you won't be there next weekend but thanks for the report.  Although, it isn't the report I had hoped for... I'm dreaming of bass jumping in the boat every night and if this weather doesn't straighten out this week, it sounds like I'll wake up to a cold and very few fish reality Sad

I'm looking forward to the tournament no matter the outcome but a few fish would help!

Cheers!&&&&Andy
IP Logged

Larry S.
Board Moderator

Reply #12 - 04/13/09 at 03:43:27
Quote Print Post  
Looks like me and you will have to pair up again Stu!! Grin
Really though it looked like it would be tough and hopefull the weather will be as promised for next weekend!

IP Logged

basspro
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 04/13/09 at 16:10:18
Quote Print Post  
You guys should have spent your hard earned dollars at the Holes this last weekend. Witnessed Earnest Griffin weigh a 6-4 smallie off of one of my holes. I caught more 5+ lb fish this weekend than I have in a long time. Weather was perfect on friday and a little windy on saturday. Payseno got a 7+ lber largie.

It was a blast.

Russ

IP Logged

Flippin Technician
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 04/13/09 at 17:17:14
Quote Print Post  
"Witnessed Earnest Griffin weigh a 6-4 smallie off of one of my holes." Russell all of the holes in the holes are your holes. Aren't they. I know all of my holes are your holes and i thank you for it.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo